Function similar to Magic's 'Exit' operation

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

Function similar to Magic's 'Exit' operation

Post by Jhstephenson »

Sorry to bring up Magic again, but I am wondering, for those of you familiar with it, if there is a function similar to Magic's Exit operation where I can call a specific program on a workstation while running Aware?

In a Magic app I would just set an expression to the name/path of program and any parameters being passed to it and it would execute it on the desktop.

I want to do the same thing in Aware, but only when the person is on their desktop/laptop connected to the internal network of the company.

Thanks,
Jim
Last edited by Jhstephenson on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BenHayat

Re: Function similar to Magic's 'Exit' operation

Post by BenHayat »

Jhstephenson wrote:Sorry to bring up Magic again, but I am wondering, for those of you familiar with it, if there is a function similar to Magic's Exit operation where I can call a specific program on a workstation while running Aware?

In a Magic app I would just set an expression to the name/path of program and any parameters being passed to it and it would execute it on the desktop.

I want to do the same thing in Aware, but only when the person is on their desktop/laptop connected to the internal network of the company.

Thanks,
Jim
4.2.37 EXECUTE PROGRAM action
This action allows execution of an external program.
The syntax is:
EXECUTE PROGRAM ArithmeticExpression() [ “NO WAIT” ]
Where ArithmeticExpression identifies the path to the external program. The NO WAIT clause indicates that the system should not wait for the external program to complete.
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

Thanks BenHayat,

That was easy. I looked for that but apparently didn't look for the right wording.
Jhstephenson

Post by Jhstephenson »

I need to go back to this...

Where does the program being executed run?

When I try to run a video program (VLC.exe), that is installed on my PC, it looks like it is trying to execute on the server, not on my PC.

Is that the way it is supposed to work?
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

Aware is a server side system. So during development your PC is both the server and client (browser).