EDITED v8.1 Mobile not recognizing Android, but iPhone works

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

EDITED v8.1 Mobile not recognizing Android, but iPhone works

Post by Jaymer »

doing a test with the Demo CRM system (with a few changes).
Client wanted to see what actual Mobile looked like.
Installed the trial on a box to play around with 8.2, and haven't got around to 8.2 yet. This is a trial on fresh Windows server, bld 2477.
Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 12.49.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 12.49.43 AM.png (96.65 KiB) Viewed 8496 times
This image is of 2 login sessions from the Server Output window.
Android on the Left.
Android phone isn't reporting User Agent, and this makes Aware believe its not a phone - so normal web pages are sent.
An iPhone works correctly.

Is this something that is just limited in the Trial version, or is it a bug?
Last edited by Jaymer on Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jaymer

Also...

Post by Jaymer »

Why do the Filters in mobile Grid not allow Contains when filtering on a Text field.

See Customers - all mobile

The filters seem to want to only allow Begins With
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
hpl123

Re: Also...

Post by hpl123 »

Jaymer wrote:Why do the Filters in mobile Grid not allow Contains when filtering on a Text field.

See Customers - all mobile

The filters seem to want to only allow Begins With
Yes, this is a major shortcoming and I have reported it to support + suggested a festure request change to CONTAINS but not changed yet.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
Jaymer

Re: Also...

Post by Jaymer »

hpl123 wrote: Yes, this is a major shortcoming and I have reported it to support + suggested a festure request change to CONTAINS but not changed yet.
I found that the mobile Filters use CONTAINS, even though there is NOT an option for that in the Filter setup.
It actually works in a "weird" way - you'd have to try several times to see the behavior. I can document this next week. But at least the Contains DOES work.

Jaymer
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I got a Samsung mobile to test with.
Behavior is totall different using
Apple iPhone (w/Chrome) vs. Samsung Internet browser (latest)

Samsung will open the app in Non-Mobile views - but adjusted (crammed) into the smaller viewport.
I stumbled across the Overflow menu option "Request Desktop Site" which actually returns a NORMAL browser screen - albeit very small and scaled to fit. You have to zoom the screen to see stuff. But at least its the full app working normally.

Opening same app on iPhone activates Aware's "mobile" version for different forms.

jaymer...
Last edited by Jaymer on Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaymer
ACDC

Re: v8.1 Mobile not recognizing Android, but iPhone works

Post by ACDC »

I wonder what the behaviour would be like if the app was converted to native through PhoneGap. It seems to make sense that all mobile apps are done this way. or Not ?

I don't see any Phone Gap processed AwareIM apps, maybe support could consider making a Phone Gap CRM sample available for download as part of their sample line up
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

My understanding is, once you go the phone gap route, then you have to publish to the Apple and Google play store, so that the app can be downloaded officially to your mobile phone.
The Apple one involves being an Apple developer & paying money etc. although I don’t know the exact details. Not something I’m interested in getting into right now.
I was told that one major Benefit to the true phone application was that It gave you access to your Contacts. But I don’t know why else I would need to do that or what the benefit would be.

Anyway, I just like to find out why the iPhone is recognize differently than an android with respect to going into mobile mode, as described in the original post.

Jaymer
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

bump
Image wasn't showing up in the OP

issue still happens
TLDR - Samsung phone hitting your App is different than an iPhone if Aware's Mobile Option is installed

Jaymer