How do you do payment processing in your App?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
tford

Re: How do you do payment processing in your App?

Post by tford »

Nothing needs to be documented here - exposing a REST service is well documented and there is even a video tutorial about it.

Webhooks == exposing a REST service
I must be missing something.

If I understand it right, in AwareIM when you expose a web service, you define parameters to be used:

User Guide:
Services exposed as REST will be called by other parties using a particular URL. If you
choose the default option the default URL the other parties will have to use the default
URL. It has the following format:
http://ServerName:port/AwareIM/REST/BusinessSpace/ServiceName?parameters
for example:
http://myserver.com:8080/AwareIM/REST/C ... aram2=valu
e2
With SendGrid and Mandrill transactional email services, they deliver all of their data in the webhook via JSON to a fixed URL. The data is not delivered in parameters in a URL.

What am I missing that will enable exposing an AwareIM REST service to receive such a webhook?
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

What am I missing that will enable exposing an AwareIM REST service to receive such a webhook?
I haven't worked with the new REST feature yet, but in this case my guess is in the REST setup to configure the: REPLY - "Reply Return Type" to JSON and write reply into new instance of object :
Attachments
REPLY-JSON.JPG
REPLY-JSON.JPG (21.54 KiB) Viewed 10734 times
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

With SendGrid and Mandrill transactional email services, they deliver all of their data in the webhook via JSON to a fixed URL. The data is not delivered in parameters in a URL.
The Aware IM REST documentation may not be quite clear on this, but Aware IM WILL look at the body of the request before it looks for parameters in the URL itself. So everything should be all right.
Aware IM Support Team
tford

Post by tford »

The Aware IM REST documentation may not be quite clear on this, but Aware IM WILL look at the body of the request before it looks for parameters in the URL itself. So everything should be all right.
@Support: Would you * PLEASE * :D do a video that demonstrates the following:

1- Send an email through SendGrid (or some other transactional email service) with the ID of a BO in the email header (a feature added a while back). Email would include at least one URL that the reader could click.

2- Configuring a Service to receive webhooks from SendGrid. Two basic types of webhook messages would be sufficient .. a) Read receipt b) link clicked

2- Receiving webhooks from SendGrid & processing the info (read receipt & which link was clicked) within a small BSV. This would need to use the ID sent in the header in #1 above.

I only chose SendGrid because they have a free level of account that has a large number of transactions & included + they have good documentation and support. Knowledge gained from a demo link this could easily be transferred to using other transactional email providers.

I believe a demo like this would also allow AwareIM to market the fact that it can easily receive and process webhooks.

Thanks in advance!!
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Tom, #1 above, you mean sending a message via REST, correct?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
tford

Post by tford »

Tom, #1 above, you mean sending a message via REST, correct?
Personally, sending via REST is not as crucial to me, Jaymer. I send use SMTP for transactional emails.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Tom
With Mandrill (SMTP), a major limitation is for Meta-Data - which is how/where you're gonna embed the "ID" that you want to come back.
They have a significant size restriction using SMTP - but REST is fine.
The deciding factor is:
Mass send 1 Email to a bunch of people (same email, 1 send to Mandrill with a list of recipients) vs
Send a unique email to a bunch of people (many sends to the host)

The Mass transaction has to have a long string (in the JSON) binding the Email_ID# to each recipient.
This string exceeds the small 200char buffer they allow for this in SMTP (buried somewhere in the SMTP docs).

Just pointing this out because someone could decide to go an SMTP route (which uses URL embedded parameters) and then find a business case where they hit this limitation and have to start all over via REST anyway.
Hey, I thought this is a Payment Processing thread? :roll:
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
softserv

Post by softserv »

If this item is still open, we have successfully implemented complete integration of Authorize.net with AwareIM using Java SDK. Download it @
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/net. ... -sdk/2.0.1
We will also present it in Portugal conference in detail so you can get a copy from Mark Bailey after conference.
Team SoftServ

V8.3 2628 |V8.2 2574 |V8.1 2475 | V8.0 2372 | V7.1 2240 | V6.0 2042 | V5.9 1894
MS SQL Server | MySQL
AWS | Azure | Google Cloud

SoftServ - AwareIM