How do you do payment processing in your App?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BenHayat

How do you do payment processing in your App?

Post by BenHayat »

Those of you with SaaS application, how do you do your automated monthly payment processing from Aware?
A) What payment processing do you use?
B) How do you collect CC info and pass it to CC Processing without sending it to Aware server?
C) How do you make monthly charges as Aware does not have a way to use SDK of CC company?

If I can get pass these three questions with some solid answers, the rest should be easy.
Thanks!
BLOMASKY

Re: How do you do payment processing in your App?

Post by BLOMASKY »

We use Authorize.net as our processor

I use a Node REST framework and have Aware (or our web site or other app) just do a POST with a JSON object with all the necessary fields.

Bruce
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

BLOMASKY wrote:We use Authorize.net as our processor

I use a Node REST framework and have Aware (or our web site or other app) just do a POST with a JSON object with all the necessary fields.

Bruce
And then from NODE SDK you make the charges and etc. in Authorize.net?
So you use Node as a proxy between Aware and Authorize.net?

How hard was it to get merchant account with Authorize?
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

BLOMASKY wrote:We use Authorize.net as our processor

Bruce
1) Aware app needs to charge Customer ABC $50. It sends a POST to NODE server.
2) NODE server Makes an SDK call to Payment processing to charge Customer ABC and put the money in Bruce's Account
3) Payment Processing Company performs and action immediately (Async) and returns a Response Code (Success or Failure or etc) back to NODE server.
??? 4) At this point that NODE has finished hand shaking, how is the Aware app is going to know the result, as this process could be happening for many payments back & forth. How do you ensure that Aware APP is in sync with at all time to update itself for the payment. Since Aware does not support Webhook, are you doing a constant polling from NODE for data? Not sure it is bulletproof when it comes to money.
Please explain.
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

Bruce, I really would like to tap into your wisdom on NODE + Aware mixture

I just bought a NODE course (https://www.udemy.com/nodejs-the-comple ... ncMin0tmo0)
Which I plan to learn it and see how I can mix it with Aware. BUT, you're already ahead of me... Love to learn from you!
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

BenHayat wrote:
BLOMASKY wrote:Since Aware does not support Webhook
We have Aware accepting a webhook, from Twilio.
It calls a java.war app that Manoj wrote for us for getting a SMS msg in.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

Jaymer wrote:
BenHayat wrote:
BLOMASKY wrote:Since Aware does not support Webhook
We have Aware accepting a webhook, from Twilio.
It calls a java.war app that Manoj wrote for us for getting a SMS msg in.
Yeah, but that's not built into Aware. :(
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

Yeah, but that's not built into Aware
Would this not work as a webhook response from the payment processor: (i have posted this before in the forum and it does work, unless I am not understanding something in your setup)

In the setup of the webhook at the Payment Processor insert this as part of the webhook url POST

.....logonOp.awsp?domain=BSVNAME&userName=PaymentProcessorXYZ&password=1234&ProcessName=ReceivedPayment&ObjectName=ReceiptsFromProcessorXYZ&SuccessCode1=240&CardHolder=1234&.....&.....&etc etc

If the ReceiptsFromProcessorXYZ object is correctly set up in AwareIM with the correct return success code attributes to be added by the payment processor (refer the color part above), and the process is setup up to create the object with the result codes. Every time the webhook comes in, the payment result is recorded
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

ACDC wrote:Would this not work...
Microsoft has had REST support (consuming) in ASP for several years and it was just recently that they introduced Webhook as a new system. The webhook implementation and feature set was a LOT more than just reading REST. Aware REST might be able to some parts, but webhook is a much bigger piece that just REST consumption. I have not got into it deep enough yet, but I may have to later on for emails and payment.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Can someone please explain what a webhook is and how they work?

Is it an HTTP request that a 3rd party system calls to communicate with your system? And it's the 3rd party that initiates the request?
Aware IM Support Team
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

aware_support wrote:Can someone please explain what a webhook is and how they work?

Is it an HTTP request that a 3rd party system calls to communicate with your system? And it's the 3rd party that initiates the request?
I found these two sites useful:

https://webhooks.pbworks.com/w/page/13385124/FrontPage
https://buttercms.com/blog/webhook-vs-a ... difference

Hope this helps!
tford

Post by tford »

Can someone please explain what a webhook is and how they work?
Two transactional email services that explain webhooks in their documentation:

SendGrid - https://sendgrid.com/docs/glossary/event-webhook/

Mandrill - https://mandrill.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... o-Webhooks
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

So it looks like web hooks are just HTTP callbacks as I expected.

So why are you saying that Aware IM does not support them? All you have to do is EXPOSE a REST service and any third party system can call this service as a webhook.
Aware IM Support Team
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

aware_support wrote:So it looks like web hooks are just HTTP callbacks as I expected.

So why are you saying that Aware IM does not support them? All you have to do is EXPOSE a REST service and any third party system can call this service as a webhook.
I was responding to ACDC's comment on using REST "Consumption" as Webhook solution and not the "EXPOSE" REST service of Aware that you just mentioned. This notion is new to me which you had never told us we can do so. In fact some people had asked about How to do webhooks in Aware and they never got answer.

So, would you mind providing some instruction and sample on how it really works, i.e. with a an Email service like sendgrid? This way if something is not documented or shown, it could lead to speculation.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Nothing needs to be documented here - exposing a REST service is well documented and there is even a video tutorial about it.

Webhooks == exposing a REST service
Aware IM Support Team