Using Pinegrow HTML with Aware

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Using Pinegrow HTML with Aware

Post by Jaymer »

One of the things that confuses me is what I'm supposed to select when starting a new HTML doc in Pinegrow:
Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 7.34.54 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 7.34.54 PM.png (58.07 KiB) Viewed 14706 times
Lets say I pick Bootstrap 4... why not?
And then, what do I do with all the required files?
Will there be a conflict with what Aware already uses?
Is there a way to set the "home" location of Pinegrow so it can peacefully exist with Aware and the paths work without change.

From the source of a newly created "empty" page, there's this:

Code: Select all

<link href="bootstrap/css/bootstrap.css" rel="stylesheet">
        <!-- Custom styles for this template -->
        <link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet">
    </head>
    <body>
        <div class="container">
</div>
        <!-- Bootstrap core JavaScript
    ================================================== -->
        <!-- Placed at the end of the document so the pages load faster -->
        <script src="assets/js/jquery.min.js"></script>
        <script src="assets/js/popper.js"></script>
        <script src="bootstrap/js/bootstrap.min.js"></script>
So If I create a Grid thingy using Pinegrow, I'm not sure how to copy it into aware without breaking it.

Not even talking about the new 8.2 Import Html Form option, but just say I wanted to make a nice Custom HTML Header for a Query or Form.
Do I need to copy these files support files (.js & .css) over to /AwareIM paths and make sure they get loaded... or into Startup.html.
Its complicated to me, cause I haven't done it yet, or seen an example.
How do I get it to use my Custom/CSS files?
Just wondering if anyone else has done this or is interested in pursuing this?
... or does someone have a favorite WYSIWYG HTML editor that makes it easy to integrate html segments into Aware?

thx
jaymer...
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
customaware

Re: Using Pinegrow HTML with Aware

Post by customaware »

Jaymer,
All you need is what is created inside the body tags and the css that contains any classes you have added.
You do not need to include anything Bootstrap as Aware already does that
Cheers,
Mark
idpSteve

Post by idpSteve »

Hi All.

Just a question, Aware currently has bootstrap 3, is that right? If so, how complicated is upgrading to bootstrap 4? Has anyone done this?

EDIT: What I mean is: would it just be a case of replacing the bootstrap .css files, or is bootstrap 3 included in other aware .css?

EDIT #2: To try be a bit constructive here: How do I get it to use my Custom/CSS files?
You can add /tomcat/AwareIM/custom/CSS/*App Name/mycustomcss.css file and put anything you'd like in there for a specific app. You can also add /tomcat/AwareIM/Custom/CSS/mycustomcss.css and it should work across all your apps.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You can just modify the startup.html to include the new version of Bootstrap. But it has never been tested.
Aware IM Support Team
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

aware_support wrote:You can just modify the startup.html to include the new version of Bootstrap. But it has never been tested.
I will tell you when I changed an ASP.Net Core project that was based on BS 3 to BS4, all hell broke loose. In fact MSFT team, before releasing ASP.Net Core 2.1, they said there is not enough time to make all the internal changes to support BS 4, so the decided to introduce BS 4 in the next release of ASP.Net core 2.2.

@ Jaymer, so, be careful because you might see strange behavior. Maybe you get lucky and works well with Aware.
yahya

Post by yahya »

aware_support wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:26 pm You can just modify the startup.html to include the new version of Bootstrap. But it has never been tested.
Is that all that is required when upgrading Bootstrap?
AwareIM Developer edition. Version 8.5 (Build 2827) running on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard