Slow Aware app response issue...need guidance

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Andrea

Slow Aware app response issue...need guidance

Post by Andrea »

I’m in need of troubleshooting direction. My Aware app (hosted on stand-alone server) is responding with a 5-10 second delay when clicking menu buttons. This includes the logout button, so I’m having connection issues with the user logging in when not logged out. I have to restart Aware or have the users wait until they are logged out. The delay, including connection drops, is the main complaint of it being “slow”.

I rarely have more than 8 concurrent users logged in at any time. My logs look good for processing speed. It just seems to be the connection in the browser to Aware. I don’t have SSL…but plan to.

Is this a hosting server internet connection issue (currently 100Mpbs up/down)?
Is there an Aware setting I can change to magically speed me up?
Lack of SSL? I thought that slowed you down a bit.
Most of my concurrent users are in the same office, could this be the issue? Maybe they need a local server?

I’m hoping this isn’t a browser issue, I don’t have any pull at Google.

Any guidance is much appreciated!
Andrea
Jaymer

Re: Slow Aware app response issue...need guidance

Post by Jaymer »

Hey Andrea from Canada

1) Connection Drops? Whats that exact error msg look like? Screen pic?

2) Memory? Post of pic of your General tab from the Control panel.

3) 8.2 already? Or is this 8.1?

jaymer...
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

Hey Jaymer from Florida...hope you are keeping safe from the hurricane heading your way!

Fortunately, my server really started acting up last night, so I connected with my server host provider and they were able to see the same issue and check my server. So after a year of trying to figure out what was happening (blaming bad internet connections and browser updates), I think (fingers crossed) the mystery may have been solved. It seems to have been an ARP issue, which they had a fix/workaround for. So if anyone else ends up with a similar issue, you may want to check into that.

No, I'm still on 8.1 (but apparently think it's 8.2). I'm a chicken with updates, I wait till all you smart people find the bugs, then jump onboard. :D

Thanks for responding & stay safe!
Andrea
tford

Post by tford »

What is ARP?
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
intra

Post by intra »

Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) is a communication protocol used for discovering the link layer address, such as a MAC address, associated with a given internet layer address, typically an IPv4 address.
Avid Linux user....