Kendo grid not affiliated with Aware. Thinktank time.

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Kendo grid not affiliated with Aware. Thinktank time.

Post by Jaymer »

So, check this out.
http://geordieholcombe.com/x.html

I made this for a group that does football camps here in the area. (my son is the only one listed with twitter & a photo).
They published this page: https://bigcountypreps.com/2018-xecutives-invites/

Now the first time we saw that... what did we want to do?
See who else was on the list. What school were kids from? etc etc

Seemed perfect for a Kendo grid.
Now, I might find some way to work an Aware project into these guys - but that wasn't the point.
I converted their data and handmade kendo code to do what you see.
Of course, like every project, kept coming up with cooler ideas.

In any event it got me thinking (kinda like Himanshu's "headless" aware system from the conference).
(btw, I'm not exactly sure what the "offline" functionality of Aware entails, or if it would be used in this case.)

So, what would someone see as a way to use "offline" aware-independent viewing of data?
Aware could most likely generate this entire HTML file on demand.
And it can certainly output the data (and keep it refreshed).

So my Q is, is there a case to be made to automatically generate this file and distribute it for data analysis?
... or why not just connect directly to aware in Guest mode?
In THIS SPECIFIC CASE, there's no need for hundreds of people to be hitting the server to retrieve that simple static data.
Of course MOST DATA (last weeks sales, customer lists, etc.) are static to a large degree and could easily be refreshed periodically since this is using a remote data source when loaded (./list.js).

It may be nothing... just got me thinking.
Your thoughts?

jaymer...
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
tford

Re: Kendo grid not affiliated with Aware. Thinktank time.

Post by tford »

It's a very intriguing concept, Jaymer. I actually suggested this years ago but didn't do as good a job describing the use case as you did.

You're right, there are situations where the database management capabilities + the HTML generation engine of AwareIM could be very valuable to generate appropriate HTML and output it periodically to a specified location. To unbundle the need for logging in as a guest would remove barriers to the data as well as remove potential issues like "Is the AwareIM Control Panel running at the moment?"

This functionality could open up a whole new area of use cases for AwareIM.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Tom,
well I guess its only you and I who care about this.
If we can make $1 million on it, thats $500k for each of us!
jaymer...
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
tford

Post by tford »

Well I guess we have to convince Vladimir, then split it three ways. That would work too.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres