Importing Documents from a CSV to Aware BO

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

Importing Documents from a CSV to Aware BO

Post by Jhstephenson »

In moving the system I am working on over to Aware I am looking at how I will be able to duplicate what I am doing with documents.

I have a document BO and I specified a Document attribute linked to the FileSystem which points to an attribute called DocumentFileName.

I don't have a problem with that at all. Everything works fine when I create/update Document BO's.

What I wonder about is...

In Aware I can do an IMPORT DOCUMENT to update the Document attribute that I have defined in my BO with the contents of the DocumentFileName attribute.

However, when that attribute is updated it actually tries to move the document file into the location that is specified in the Document File Name attribute. In my case those files are already in the folder where it is attempting to move them, so there is no need for the IMPORT DOCUMENT command to actually even try it.

I know that Aware is actually copying/moving the file because the date modified on the document changes when I run my process to Document attribute with the DocumentFileName.

Is there some way to disable the move of that file? I am concerned about the speed of updating about 150,000 Business Object records.