[OFFICIAL] the v8.2 "minor" improvement list

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
UnionSystems

Drop Tick Button from Process Editor

Post by UnionSystems »

I may be wrong suggesting this (please feel free to inform me why the button is a good thing!)

I often forget to click the small tick button on bottom left of Process Editor and therefore do not save my changes. Can this button disappear and all changes be recorded? I think this is the only panel in the Configuration Tool that has this button.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 8.43.10 am.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 8.43.10 am.png (164.88 KiB) Viewed 29759 times
AWS Linux, Windows Server, AIM 8.4 & 8.6
PointsWell

Re: Drop Tick Button from Process Editor

Post by PointsWell »

UnionSystems wrote:I may be wrong suggesting this (please feel free to inform me why the button is a good thing!)
My understanding is that the button is to check the code is syntactically correct not save it. I rarely press it and all my code saves.
weblike

Re: [OFFICIAL] the v8.2 "minor" improvement list

Post by weblike »

Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Kudos on V8.X support, very nice stuff.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Enjoying REST, so thanks for getting that working.

My suggestion requires no development work (in AIM)

There's a lot of documentation available.

But... it's really in a format that is not brilliant.

I'd really like to see the help documentation move away from PDFs and into a more dynamic environment (a wiki or something).

I'd like to see the various functions and tagged with information like: Utilisation (BR/Process/Both) dependencies etc

Preferably with the ability to have discussions (based on versions of the help) which would allow the tagging of examples that people have created, or utilised.

And I’m happy to help in the setup of this.
Last edited by PointsWell on Wed May 23, 2018 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Filtering of functions and ops that are not capable of being actioned here - here being either a bus rule or a process.

I found out why a previous issue I was having wouldn’t work was because REQUEST SERVICE can only be called from a process.

Alternatively allow everything to be used everywhere.
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

In the configurator when editing a BO a window to show the BO rules that are associated with the currently selected attribute.

Would make it quicker to delete / modify attributes if you could see the rules (which means this probably sits below the attribute list window in order to be wide enough.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

It would be nice to insert comments in process rules, to help document the code.
There is a description available in the sub-element properties window, but its narrow, and you have to click a button to be able to edit it.
I'd propose this simple change to this screen:
Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 12.15.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 12.15.06 PM.png (32.89 KiB) Viewed 29479 times
This way, we can type in that box right there to document our code:
Rule Description.png
Rule Description.png (21.75 KiB) Viewed 29479 times
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
customaware

Post by customaware »

Should be able to enter a comment line anywhere...

FIND Blah Blah Blah
// This is a Comment
Blah.Attribute='Excellent'
Cheers,
Mark
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

eagles9999 wrote:Should be able to enter a comment line anywhere...
FIND Blah Blah Blah
// This is a Comment
Blah.Attribute='Excellent'
Oh I agree, but I was posting that in light of this being the “what’s easiest to do” motif for this thread.
I guess it comes down to is it easier for him to change his parser, or easier to just move 1 field that’s already over there in the properties pallete.
Because on the one hand, he could say “there’s already a place for you to document the code, it’s in the description field.”
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Jaymer

Highlight color in Log for

Post by Jaymer »

Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 4.25.09 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 4.25.09 PM.png (34.5 KiB) Viewed 29189 times
It sure would help in debugging the Log, if a highlight could be applied as shown above (poorly) - GREEN for when a condition was TRUE.
You basically have to open each one to see which one has little green checkmarks.

Jaymer
UnionSystems

Tree item Duplicate Option

Post by UnionSystems »

I often use an existing item in the Business Spaces tree as a prototype for a new item. To do this I right click "Copy" the item then scroll to it's parent node then right click "Paste". In a large BSV with lots of items this can be lots of mouse mileage. There are keyboard shortcuts to Copy and Paste but it would be sweet if there was simply a right click "Duplicate" option available on the original item.
Duplicate.png
Duplicate.png (77.86 KiB) Viewed 28687 times
AWS Linux, Windows Server, AIM 8.4 & 8.6
tford

Post by tford »

it would be sweet if there was simply a right click "Duplicate" option available on the original item.
YES !!!
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
customaware

Post by customaware »

+1
Cheers,
Mark
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

I am in the midst of open heart surgery on my app. I have learned to love Business Groups and the simplification that they bring to my queries.

I have a problem though - I have a fairly well developed BO that I have decided can be broken down to 6 BOs with 5 related BO groups.

I can either softly softly catchy monkey go through everything I think is related to weed out the changes required (by looking at the Where Referenced - Slow
I can bite the bullet and remove the BO and then look for integrity issues - a bit confronting and then I have a completely mashed app for a while.

I've put everything into a new BSV and done the delete option. But now I can't use the output from there to create my task list.

What I would like to be able to do is save the integrity report or the find references report into a spreadsheet or a document so that I can hunt each item down and then mark off as completed.