FR: Locale URL parameter

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
hpl123

FR: Locale URL parameter

Post by hpl123 »

Hi support,
This is a feature request to add a locale URL parameter in Aware. The problem I face is using the Guest access level where I need to use different languages and that is currently not possible. I hope this can be added and sooner rather than later (I have asked for this FR before).

Thx
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
mrbdrm

Re: FR: Locale URL parameter

Post by mrbdrm »

add multiple guest accounts
that what i did
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

mrbdrm wrote:add multiple guest accounts
that what i did
Yes, I know about this workaround but is not ideal. A proper locale URL solution would be better.
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

Still no solution for different guest locale? BUMP
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

NGINX as a reverse proxy? You may be able to redirect based on IP location (though would require checking), but you'd definitely be able to redirect based on sub domain.

I currently use it in conjunction with Lets Encrypt/Certbot to provide a certificate and to direct to client specific login pages based on their sub domain.
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

PointsWell wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:56 pm NGINX as a reverse proxy? You may be able to redirect based on IP location (though would require checking), but you'd definitely be able to redirect based on sub domain.

I currently use it in conjunction with Lets Encrypt/Certbot to provide a certificate and to direct to client specific login pages based on their sub domain.
Good idea, will look into that. I am using IIS as a reverse proxy currently and can create subdomains etc. to redirect. The original thing in this thread was the fact that Aware doesn´t support locale when using the default guest access so it´s always the default one with no way to change it. I am currently using user accounts and special logins and works OK but then I have to use authenticated logins and not use the guest functionality like intended i.e open, public etc. interface/app.