Which features do you want in the next release?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
PointsWell

UI Access to Control Output

Post by PointsWell »

At present if you have a query that expands rows to show a sub query and then want to have output from an operation on that query then you have to get into the depths of javascript.

I'd like an additional output option 'directed to' with the ability to select the VP, frame, tab and panel.
PointsWell

Conditional Finds

Post by PointsWell »

There are times when filters might have to work differently that do not lend themselves neatly to using multiple forms or even multi step forms.

I have a form where I have two combo boxes, Company (Publisher) and Employee (Editor).
Sometimes a user will know the Editor that they want to use in which case they want to be able to select the Editor and populate the Publisher field. Other times they might know that they want to contact someone at a specific publisher.
Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 12.49.49.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 12.49.49.png (9.8 KiB) Viewed 418369 times
At the moment I can make Editor a cascade filter on Publisher, but I cannot search for the Editor until I choose the Publisher.

Ideally I'd be like to be able to see all Editors in my find, UNLESS I have selected a Publisher in which case I'd like to see only the Editors at that Publisher.
hpl123

Re: Conditional Finds

Post by hpl123 »

PointsWell wrote:There are times when filters might have to work differently that do not lend themselves neatly to using multiple forms or even multi step forms.

I have a form where I have two combo boxes, Company (Publisher) and Employee (Editor).
Sometimes a user will know the Editor that they want to use in which case they want to be able to select the Editor and populate the Publisher field. Other times they might know that they want to contact someone at a specific publisher.
Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 12.49.49.png
At the moment I can make Editor a cascade filter on Publisher, but I cannot search for the Editor until I choose the Publisher.

Ideally I'd be like to be able to see all Editors in my find, UNLESS I have selected a Publisher in which case I'd like to see only the Editors at that Publisher.
This is possible, take a look at this post:
https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic ... ing#p51124
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
johntalbott

Re: Which features do you want in the next release?

Post by johntalbott »

aware_support wrote:Actually we'll setup an application where you can add your features, bugs and annoyances and see the status of them.
Watch this space.
Support - When do you expect this app to be available?
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
Jaymer

Cool grid filtering by Value - video

Post by Jaymer »

Here's a video showing cool grid filtering "by values" - thats available in Google Sheets.
Hadn't done much in sheets in years, but a customer sent me a long sheet and I was playing with it and noticed how easy filtering was.

No reason we can't get back a Distinct value list for a column to assist in filtering. Does Kendo offer this?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jaymer

Pass parms into Grids

Post by Jaymer »

If I make a grid that shows Invoices, "All invoices" lets say, then I have to have a column for a user to filter on to select Open/Closed. User sees All Invoices when starting the grid, and must Filter with O or C.

OR, I can make "Open Invoices" and copy that grid and have redundant "Closed Invoices"

Then, I can have 2 Menu items -- Open Invoices, & Closed Invoices with no need to filter, of course now I have a duplicate query and extra maintenance is needed when the user/client needs a column change.

OR, I can have 1 Query with the more complex Query that checks a value in LIRU (LoggedInRegularUser), and then I still need 2 menu options, each has to call a Process which updates LIRU with a flag, THEN runs the Query.

OR I can do some funky Custom Header stuff and make some buttons and do AwareApp.startprocess2 stuff to call a process, set the flag(s) in LIRU, then the Query refreshes.

Its just none of this is elegant or very RAD.

If I'm running a Query from a Menu, why can't I have some literal string to pass in that gets appended to the "Textual Query" that was built?
Or why can't instead of altering the SQL Query, pass in a Filter value as a starting point for the Grid?
There's so much more tweaking that can really help grids.

Is the fact that we're behind the current Kendo Releases the issue?
I keep going back to that Demo Kendo app I posted about - that app is far superior to any Aware App that I've ever seen. Why? Because they are more closely connected to Kendo than we are. Ironically, we're a development tool that [supposedly] uses Kendo 100%, and yet Aware doesn't support all the Kendo variables/options for given components, so we're left to decipher the Voodoo JS [mostly] on our own.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
hpl123

Form specific REQUIRED attribute

Post by hpl123 »

The option to define attribute required PER FORM.
UnionSystems

Re: Form specific REQUIRED attribute

Post by UnionSystems »

hpl123 wrote:The option to define attribute required PER FORM.
+1
AWS Linux, Windows Server, AIM 8.4 & 8.6
hpl123

REST/JSON discover/create attributes + JSON functions

Post by hpl123 »

The option for Aware to automatically discover/create attributes based on a JSON file/reply. Many REST api´s respond with JSON and it´s tedious having to create the JSON structure in AwareIM attributes and having an option where we could either type in a direct URL to a REST api (which would then get a JSON reply) or just paste a JSON file into some part of Aware and Aware would then create all attributes, child/relationships etc. etc. needed to fully "receive" the reply would simplify things a lot.

Another thing that would be useful in Aware is JSON function (s), the option to via rules/function parse JSON and what other JSON operations might be useful.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

The option for Aware to automatically discover/create attributes based on a JSON file.../reply
This is already available in 8.4
Aware IM Support Team
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

aware_support wrote:

The option for Aware to automatically discover/create attributes based on a JSON file.../reply
This is already available in 8.4
Awesome, thx
hpl123

Better crossference intelligent BO

Post by hpl123 »

A better "crossreference" view where we can see all intelligent BO channels etc. configured for a BSV, which type and under which BO so we don´t have to open each BO up and look etc..
fmsurf

Post by fmsurf »

Here is my wish list for the next release:

1 - Do not store license key inside Database.
2 - B.O : setting "Null" property attribute and "Unique" property attribute
3 : Forms and Querys : manage conditional visibilty and conditionnal attribute input access, attribute colors and font properties
4 : Undo functionnality in Form designer
5 : Possibility to redefine BO property attribute inside form designer (Required,Initial value, choice values, Min/Max valeur, format)
6 : add toolbars with "favorites shorcuts" to navigate directly to an object (BO, process, query, VP, ect...) whitout keep it open as Tab.
7 : Control Panel : Define multiple Database Drivers connexion. i.e : define different application using different Database on the same AIM server.

Fred
PointsWell

On Tab Close Event

Post by PointsWell »

If you are using a tab to build a complex BO (I.e. one that relies on multiple sub BOs and needs the use of pseudo forms built with layouts) then you don't have a mechanism to easily handle the user abandoning the BO by closing the tab.

The tab can grab a BO into context when it is given focus but you can't do anything when the tab is blurred (ie the opposite of focus).

It would also be good to have focus and blur for other fields and to use these common terms in the Config Tool
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

3 : Forms and Querys : manage conditional visibilty and conditionnal attribute input access, attribute colors and font properties
5 : Possibility to redefine BO property attribute inside form designer (Required,Initial value, choice values, Min/Max valeur, format)
Colors, fonts, format can be done now using presentation rules
Aware IM Support Team