Which features do you want in the next release?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Re: Which features do you want in the next release?

Post by Jaymer »

Well, I think we can let Vlad decide what he wants to spend his time on, ultimately.
He has “baked in” support for ZOHO, google maps, etc etc., so if he has the ability to do this and positively effect 10-100 sites, then go for it.
And bouncing a server is no big deal. “You should get your users used to scheduled downtime” is what you (Peter, aka Intra) told me personally at conference. And now a solution that requires a bounce every 90 days is not acceptable? Bollocks.

On this issue, we still haven’t heard from vlad. So we don’t have any idea if it’s possible or not. Hey may not want to build it in (for free). But g-damn, I didn’t think this was supposed to be a negative thread to put Down other people’s wishes for what they’d want in a new version.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
intra

Post by intra »

Agree, i think were all mature enough to read into a comment as much as is required.

That said, i don't believe i have given Henrik a negative response. It's just my 'opinion' that with the current AIM setup (core components) there's not a robust way without restarting the connector.

My comment to you was made quite a few years ago, i still stand by my comment of 'scheduled' downtime and in my line of work its warranted that way when there are changes to the code base/environment. When you work with an enterprise there are specific policies that need to be adhered too. That said, i do take security very seriously and have servers setup a particular way to mitigate risk. Automatic restarting of a server isn't exactly scheduled , there are methods to completely do the SSL renewal without interfering with AIM's operation. Seamless and with no interruption while protecting AIM.

Each to their own.

Jaymer wrote:Well, I think we can let Vlad decide what he wants to spend his time on, ultimately.

“You should get your users used to scheduled downtime” is what you (Peter, aka Intra) told me personally at conference. And now a solution that requires a bounce every 90 days is not acceptable? Bollocks.

On this issue, we still haven’t heard from vlad. So we don’t have any idea if it’s possible or not. Hey may not want to build it in (for free). But g-damn, I didn’t think this was supposed to be a negative thread to put Down other people’s wishes for what they’d want in a new version.
Avid Linux user....
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

intra wrote:Agree, i think were all mature enough to read into a comment as much as is required.

That said, i don't believe i have given Henrik a negative response. It's just my 'opinion' that with the current AIM setup (core components) there's not a robust way without restarting the connector.

My comment to you was made quite a few years ago, i still stand by my comment of 'scheduled' downtime and in my line of work its warranted that way when there are changes to the code base/environment. When you work with an enterprise there are specific policies that need to be adhered too. That said, i do take security very seriously and have servers setup a particular way to mitigate risk. Automatic restarting of a server isn't exactly scheduled , there are methods to completely do the SSL renewal without interfering with AIM's operation. Seamless and with no interruption while protecting AIM.

Each to their own.

Jaymer wrote:Well, I think we can let Vlad decide what he wants to spend his time on, ultimately.

“You should get your users used to scheduled downtime” is what you (Peter, aka Intra) told me personally at conference. And now a solution that requires a bounce every 90 days is not acceptable? Bollocks.

What you comment on makes sense as well and/so no negative anything perceived from you/it so no worries. To keep building various things like that into Aware is maybe not the best long term strategy (not for Awaresoft or us for that matter) but Awaresoft can build plugins and sell them as add-ons which would work and have worked in the past and coincidently this is something I have thought about many times. What If one of us developers develops a plugin that he wants to sell to fellow developers, having a platform for that and have that connected to Aware is maybe another FR i.e the platform is a bridge to Aware core and we can then develop plugins with serials i.e locked to specific Aware installations etc. etc.. Just blabbed out some thoughts that came to me now when reading this post so not complete thoughts and/but I know I have thought about this and also suggested it several times and I know others have as well. A "appstore" / marketplace if you will for Aware plugins.

I still want letsencrypt though in Aware in some form.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
BLOMASKY

More hooks to events

Post by BLOMASKY »

It would be nice to have event hooks for fields on forms for

doubleclick
field entry
field exit

Bruce
Jaymer

Smarter Grids

Post by Jaymer »

Is it NOT possible in today's world to have a grid (query) that can automatically fill the page with rows of data?
... without me having to pre-determine either # of Rows, or Screen Height in Pixels?

Because in almost ALL cases, [if I'm showing a grid] I want to show a full page with as much data as I can.
Gone are the days where we can dictate a screen size set to 1024x768 so we can perfectly create a screen & cram as much onto it as possible.
So if I make a grid show 20 lines, then there's prolly room for 23... or 27.

Aware knows the dimensions of the device when a user logs in.
I'm sure when I'm showing a grid to a user, it can do a better job than I to calculate the available space AT THAT MOMENT and fill the page.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
customaware

Business Object Groups

Post by customaware »

It would be REALLY helpful is there was a way to see all the attributes that a common in each of the Business Objects and any particular Business Object Group.
Even better to have the ability on that screen to click on an Attribute or Rule in any one Business Object and click Sync which then reflects that same Attribute or Rule in all of the
other Business Objects in the Business Object Group
Cheers,
Mark
PointsWell

Re: Business Object Groups [IMPLEMENTED]

Post by PointsWell »

eagles9999 wrote:It would be REALLY helpful is there was a way to see all the attributes that a common in each of the Business Objects and any particular Business Object Group.
Great minds and all that...
https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic ... 906#p52906
Last edited by PointsWell on Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

It would be REALLY helpful is there was a way to see all the attributes that a common in each of the Business Objects and any particular Business Object Group.
When checking Business Object Groups, the objects listed in the tree are the objects that are grouped (all good), but going down one level to the attributes, the attributes should be the ones that are ONLY common across the group

By filtering the attributes in the tree to only show common attributes across the group would be really good.
karelh

Post by karelh »

Hi

Based on my post below I would like to see better mobile apps support from AIM. Ionic (https://ionicframework.com/) is a really good and comprehensive platform that can be fully managed via CLI. They provide cross-platform apps with access to a lot of native features i.e. identity vault, biometric access, storage for offline apps, calendar etc. They do have the option to convert Cordova/PhoneGap apps to their framework through Capacitor (https://capacitor.ionicframework.com/).

If the work to add a new framework is not possible for the next release perhaps just support for another platform equal or better than PhoneGap Build i.e. Monaca.

https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=11531

Thanks.
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

COPY ATTRIBUTE FORM SETTINGS to default attribute settings (done individually)

Copy Settings is available on a Query, this lets you easily copy the settings over to another query. I would like to have the same feature on a Form reference where I can copy the settings from the Form and paste into the default presentation settings of the attribute. ( Having this feature on all of the form attributes would really be great)

In the past, I have used the form set up to create a unique presentation configuration to find later that it should have been done as the default presentation setup( a very bad habit as a newbie ). Also sometimes when changing the settings on an attribute, while it asks for confirmation to update the form, sometimes the wrong choice is made upsetting the form layout

I would like to clean up and re-orientate my form attributes presentation settings back to the default setting, by simply copying the settings back rather than manually editing each one. This will lt me follow a more disciplined approach.

I am sure I am not the only one with this problem
customaware

Display Description When Hover Over a Process

Post by customaware »

To be able to quickly get an understanding of what a Process does, it would be really great in Aware Displayed the Process Description (like a toolTip) when you hover over a Process in the Precesses Tree.
Cheers,
Mark
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Thanks, all.

Some quick comments to the latest requests:

1. We are not going to do anything about SSL - this is not an Aware IM's domain
2. We do want to improve mobile and mobile native and will be thinking hard about it for the next release
3. Running an operation from a form header can be done now quite easily
4. Adding hooks (focus etc) to fields can be done using a Javascript
5 Form settings can be copied using a style
6. Common attributes for business object groups - already implemented and will definitely be in the next release
7. Combo-box improvements - some of it has been already implemented (you can add buttons next to the combo-box to view, edit selected record or PICK FROM a new selection using a grid)
Aware IM Support Team
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

aware_support wrote: 6. Common attributes for business object groups - already implemented and will definitely be in the next release
7. Combo-box improvements - some of it has been already implemented (you can add buttons next to the combo-box to view, edit selected record or PICK FROM a new selection using a grid)
... "implemented"
You mean you have coded it, but it's in a future Build or Release for # 7 ? when?

Jaymer
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

"Implemented" means will definitely be in the next release, not in the next build. The timing of this new release hasn't been decided yet.
Aware IM Support Team
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

The problem is that I need to create a web service that they will consume and part of the URL will be variable (like my account number above).
That does not look possible in the current version of AwarIM.
BobK, why cannot you use "URL must contain string" option in the REST settings of the exposed service?
Aware IM Support Team