Which features do you want in the next release?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

Re: Push msgs

Post by Jhstephenson »

Jaymer wrote:Is there a way to implement a push message to logged in users?
I want that one too.
customaware

Re: Which features do you want in the next release?

Post by customaware »

Respect the preservation of the AwareIM/Custom contents when Aware is installed of a Drive other than c:\
Cheers,
Mark
PointsWell

GET_CHANGES To Use Labels [IMPLEMENTED]

Post by PointsWell »

GET_CHANGES is super useful and faster than building your own audit functionality.

At the moment it creates an HMTL field that uses the BO attribute names. This is good for debugging and developer uses but if you have given your attributes less user friendly names then it produces less user friendly output.

For example, if you use ps/pm ob/os/om prefixes then the output is a bit meaningless.

It would be great if there was the ability to make GET_CHANGES output based on the attribute labels. Appreciate that it is possible to have multiple labels depending on which form you are using but if we could access the BO label as the basic that would make things much better.
Last edited by PointsWell on Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
PointsWell

Conditional Mandatory [IMPLEMENTED WITH CONDITIONS]

Post by PointsWell »

At the moment a field is either mandatory or not and if it is then the attribute on a Form gets the red *.

Sometimes though an attribute's mandatory state is not binary but based on some condition.
eg

Code: Select all

IF Account.Status WAS CHANGED TO 'Closed' AND Account.ClosedDate IS UNDEFINED THEN...
We can make the business rules force it to be mandatory but we can't give the user a visual clue that this has become mandatory based on that changed status.

IMPLEMENTED VIA PRESENTATION RULES - HOWEVER PRESENTATION RULES ARE NOT DYNAMIC
Last edited by PointsWell on Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaymer

Re: Conditional Mandatory

Post by Jaymer »

PointsWell wrote:...
We can make the business rules force it to be mandatory but we can't give the user a visual clue that this has become mandatory based on that changed status.
so, the standard answer, if you REALLY, ABSOLUTELY, HAD TO HAVE THIS TODAY, would be to add an HTML cell after your field, and conditionally display your indicator.
What a TERRIBLE way to do it. If you had complex forms (ie. more than 1 column) you'd pull your hair our trying to edit all those forms because of multi-column wonkyness (wonkiness?).

Thats similar to my 2 requests for
1) A trailing icon used to clear (set to UNDEFINED) a field - esp. a reference, like a combo box
2) A "zoom" button (like the automatic "+" to Add New Values on a reference Combo) which helps you drill down by calling another process/form to show more details.
(NOTE: You can do both of these now, but it requires an HTML cell after the field)

THIS "required" symbol is just 1 more thing that would be a great addition to this new functionality.
I'm sure the initial thoughts of Support are NO, or this is not worth the investment....
But this proves there's already 3 types of functions that could be enabled as an "after Attribute" property... kinda like the new Presentation Rules... now has STYLE, ICON, & 1 other all tied into that Rule Editor.

PS _And remember that a Tool Tip added to a Form Attribute has a nice dialog box - and presents a nice "?" mark for help text. So the mechanics are already there for Aware to do this.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
PointsWell

Don't Check Referred Granularity

Post by PointsWell »

Don't check Referred is great for making sure that a change on an invoice line bubbles up to the invoice, where it's not so good is when it is triggered by an Object change that is not related to that business rule, for example changing the Buyer name.

It would be good if you were able to selectively Don't Check Referred or Check Referred for these BOs.

Eg In a BSV with BO1.. BOn:
don't check referred from BO1, BO2, BO15
Or, better (though this is more akin to the check box being set to not ... unless)
Allow checked referred from BO4, BO6
Last edited by PointsWell on Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gijsvb

Check an IBAN bankaccount number for correctness by checkdig

Post by gijsvb »

Hi,

In Europe many countries have standardized for IBAN (International Bank Account Number) for the bank accounts. There are several checks that can be performed on an IBAN number to check it for correctness. Some of these can be handled easily in AwareIM, fi. country code and applicable length of the account number.

The check digit calculation is one I couldn't realize in AwareIM and had to fall back to a userfunction in Java. This is the only Java code I have ever written and it's a pain to support this code.

It would be nice if there was a function fi. CHECK_IBAN to check an IBAN number for correctness. For me it would suffice if this function only returned true/false for a correct/incorrect IBAN account number. No need to calculate the correct check digits for an incomplete number.

The IBAN account number setup is explained in: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internati ... unt_Number

Thanks,

Gijs van Ballegooijen.
Gijs van Ballegooijen.
the Netherlands.

AwareIM 8.4 (build 2708)
Server: Ubuntu Linux 18.04.2
Database: MariaDB
Config: Windows 2012R2
PointsWell

Re: Check an IBAN bankaccount number for correctness by chec

Post by PointsWell »

SEE https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic ... BAN#p54386
gijsvb wrote:Hi,

In Europe many countries have standardized for IBAN (International Bank Account Number) for the bank accounts. There are several checks that can be performed on an IBAN number to check it for correctness. Some of these can be handled easily in AwareIM, fi. country code and applicable length of the account number.

The check digit calculation is one I couldn't realize in AwareIM and had to fall back to a userfunction in Java. This is the only Java code I have ever written and it's a pain to support this code.

It would be nice if there was a function fi. CHECK_IBAN to check an IBAN number for correctness. For me it would suffice if this function only returned true/false for a correct/incorrect IBAN account number. No need to calculate the correct check digits for an incomplete number.

The IBAN account number setup is explained in: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internati ... unt_Number

Thanks,

Gijs van Ballegooijen.
There are lots of REST calls that can do this (though it does mean sending data outside your app)

https://www.programmableweb.com/categor ... yword=Iban

Some quick research also pulls up Apache Commons Validator which seems to provide a series of routines for the validation of many different standards. No idea how complex this is but it may provide a faster mechanism to achieve this being integrated into AIM (but IANAJD) https://commons.apache.org/proper/commo ... dator.html

If this is a viable source then it provides validations for IBAN, ABA, EAN13, ISBN10/13 credit card numbers (format validity not account verification). I could use a bunch of these.
Last edited by PointsWell on Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
PointsWell

Programmatic Access To Label [IMPLEMENTED]

Post by PointsWell »

The label for an attribute is at the moment static, but this is limiting. For example bank accounts are highly localised but are localised at the instance level not the user, so i18n doesn't work here.

A bank account in the U.K. for example has a sort code, in Australia a BSB and in the USA an ABA. These are driven by the country of the bank account and not the location of the user. Changing the Country of the account I need the label to change to the appropriate label.
Last edited by PointsWell on Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
yahya

Post by yahya »

hpl123 wrote:- Better mobile app features, options and especially for native app building. The current version for Aware is great as it can be customized for web (including accessing webapp on tablet/mobile) but when it comes to actually creating real, professional etc. native apps on IOS/Android, I think it´s limited. I have not dabled a lot with the current options though but think I know what can be done and is not enough for most scenarios I have. I am not entirely sure what can be done in terms of "native app builder" but some builder where we can in a visual way possibly create an entire native app (UI so entire app UI + logo + startup screen + colors etc. etc.) and where we can click and choose which native features the app should use e.g push notifications, camera, contacts, calendar, swiping, top device info bar integration, full screen option etc. etc. etc. etc. + better offline management + better security/login/profile e.g local on device saved credentials and profile so the user downloads and installs app and then configures it with credentials and the credentials is saved locally i.e the user then just opens the app and is already logged in etc.. + better online/offline detection/notification i.e when the user has no internet, a nice customisable notification is used and the app is closed of something like that + x, y and z.
-
-
-
-
Improving the mobile app experience would be an awesome advantage, will definately help in getting app approved on the iOS store. World is moving away from Desktop style devices and more onto Smartphones and Tablets so the mobile app should be a very big priority for AwareIM.
AwareIM Developer edition. Version 8.5 (Build 2827) running on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard
weblike

Post by weblike »

This was requested 5years ago?
Has been this added to platform?
https://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic ... ber#p32160
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

I don't understand what the problem is. "Localised" number formats are already supported - you need to select the appropriate culture when defining your locale.
Aware IM Support Team
PointsWell

BOG Common Attributes [IMPLEMENTED]

Post by PointsWell »

At the moment the Business Object Group tells you the Group Members and little else (I haven't used Presentations and I am still unsure as to their purpose).

It would be helpful if the BOG also displayed the common attributes that make the BOG, especially as peer relationships do not automatically get added to the group.

It would be even more helpful if you could see the attributes of the members marked as in or out of the group which would help when you've come back to something and can't find which BO is missing the attribute. Though I realise this becomes a UI challenge.

The ability to edit the BOG and add the attributes there and not have the repeated dialogue boxes ask. "Do you want to add this attribute to xyzzy Group". I have a lot of groups and this is fraught with potential for errors, which are then a nightmare to undo.
Last edited by PointsWell on Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
weblike

Post by weblike »

aware_support wrote:

I don't understand what the problem is. "Localised" number formats are already supported - you need to select the appropriate culture when defining your locale.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes the decimal is respected!
Should this feature respect all the culture formatting or only decimal pointer? Because I have switched to "German" which has this format of numbering "123.456.789,00", but the digit grouping symbol is not present (it's displaying like this "12345,00")
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
mohd.documents

Post by mohd.documents »

We need to be able to sort attributes name by entering sequence, then by alphabetical.

Thanks