ZOHO documents Unable to use sytem settings (SOLVED for me)

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
ddumas

ZOHO documents Unable to use sytem settings (SOLVED for me)

Post by ddumas »

I am in production mode, on an AWS server, SSL enabled (HTTPS), and port 80 allows incoming traffic. The app is working fine.

I have created a new Document Attribute, stored in filesystem, in the Member BO, which is setup to use ZOHO. ZOHO Editing=Yes , and using a System Setting attribute, in the attribute properties). The ZOHO API Key is stored in System settings.

I have a Business Rule in the Member BO setup as:

If Member.[Member_FileLocation] IS UNDEFINED THEN
Member.[Member_FileLocation]=SystemSettings.MemberDocumentsFolder+Member.LoginName+'/'

(I have tried without the extra / at the end, and get the same result.)

I have verified that this value is getting saved properly in the database for Member_FileLocation in the Member record. So I know that works. Ex. [Member_FileLocation] = 'C:/Members/Docs/login123/' for that Member row in the DB

Using the Member form control for the document, I can select and upload the document, and the document is indeed stored in the correct folder on the filesystem, and I see the (ZOHO)edit icon. However, when I click on the edit icon, I get an error "Unable to retrieve system settings". Is ZOHO trying to validate something and cannot?

If I click on the document, it brings up a large empty AwareIM dialog window, and then I can see an option on the bottom on the windows screen to open the word document. When I click on that, as expected, it then shows the document in MS Word in a separate MS word window. The large empty AwareIM dialog window remains until I click the X at the top right.

It looks like I am sort of halfway there. Is there a step I am missing?

Dave
Last edited by ddumas on Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
ddumas

Re: ZOHO documents - Unable to retrieve sytem settings error

Post by ddumas »

Here is the error in Tomcat:
Got XML request <root><get_attr_doc_url_action object_name="Member" object_id="4" attr_name="[RedactedFileLocation]" zoho="true" />
</root>
Server name is [Redacted.com] . Editing mode is normaledit
Exception thrown java.lang.Exception Unable to retrieve system settings.
java.lang.Exception: Unable to retrieve system settings.
at com.bas.webapp.thin.oauth.A.A(Unknown Source)
at com.bas.webapp.thin.A.Q.A(Unknown Source)
at com.bas.webapp.thin.handlers.D.P.A(Unknown Source)
at com.bas.webapp.thin.handlers.XMLRequestHandler.A(Unknown Source)
at com.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

It sounds like the instance of the SystemSettings object has not been created. Your system initilization process needs to create the SystemSettings instance (once only).
Aware IM Support Team
ddumas

Post by ddumas »

Both my local and production SystemSettings are fully functional, and have been for some time. In the ZOHO settings for the document attribute, as an alternative, I copied the key into that input box. Since then ZOHO is able to view the document (but not able to EDIT - that is another issue that I will log ).

So looks like the "retrieve ZOHO API key from System settings" may be a bug.

Dave
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

There is only one explanation to the error message you are getting - an instance of the SystemSettings object has NOT been created.
Aware IM Support Team
ddumas

Post by ddumas »

I use System Setting for many settings in my app. I have attached a screenshot for the attribute that I set the reference to in the document ZOHO api key attribute, which proves that. In this post I have also shown the error message when using that. setting. When I set the ZOHO API key explicitly in the attribute and not from the system settings attribute, I can get ZOHO to view, but not edit the document. Both view and edit are supposed to work, but at this point, I would be happy with just view. Since the explicit setting of the key works, I am not blocked, but there is indeed something not working here when it is used in Systemsettings.
Dave
Attachments
SystemSettings.PNG
SystemSettings.PNG (2.59 KiB) Viewed 15066 times
BobK

Post by BobK »

ddumas wrote:Since then ZOHO is able to view the document (but not able to EDIT - that is another issue that I will log )
Check the URL (and port) you are using to access your system. The following is from the Aware IM How To document

zoho.jpg
zoho.jpg (218.86 KiB) Viewed 15015 times
Bob
ddumas

Post by ddumas »

Correct, I read that as well. I am setup on port 80. Edit does work at all, even in production mode. I have a production site, running https (SSL). I understand test mode does not work with edit.

See screenshot attached from production mode(port 80).

Dave
Attachments
ZOHOEditError.PNG
ZOHOEditError.PNG (28.44 KiB) Viewed 15012 times
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I recently implemented Zoho Document Editor on an Attachments BO.
Uploaded docx & xlsx.
Took 5 minutes to implement & worked fine. Edits fine. Saves fine. Very happy. Costs $ though.
Windows, latest build. Upcloud.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
ddumas

Post by ddumas »

I hear you. I am running windows 10 both locally, and on the AWS instance for production. It did take me 5 mins to setup also, but unfortunately does not edit, and will not pick up the key from system settings.

Here is the paradox. I do not care about editing. HOWEVER, if I do not use ZOHO, when I click on the document, it shows a giant blank AwareIM dialog with nothing in it. Then I click on the downloaded doc, and just pull it up in word, or excel locally. Annoying.

I do not know how to get rid of the giant blank AwareIM dialog. AwareIM is supposed to fill in that giant blank AwareIM dialog with the contents of the document, like in the video.

Dave
ddumas

Post by ddumas »

I figured it out.

Since so many users use google chrome these days, if your users can use chrome, they can just download the google extension for office docs, link below. This extension is from google itself :

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... gdpimamgkj

Also, Chrome will open PDFs just fine in the viewer. So in summary, for me, no need to use ZOHO, and with the Chrome extension, office docs appear within the AwareIM dialog.

Case closed :)

Dave
customaware

Re: ZOHO documents Unable to use sytem settings (SOLVED for

Post by customaware »

Beers are owed.

Excellent tips Dave. Works a treat. Fantastic.
Cheers,
Mark
ddumas

Post by ddumas »

Excellent! Rennur also gave me this tip:

DISPLAY DOCUMENT 'MyDocument' IN WINDOW

where 'MyDocument' is a BO.Attrtibute

This will open the doc in a new window. Useful when you need to open a doc from a process.

Dave
customaware

Post by customaware »

This was a terrific tip from Rennur and Dave.

No more blank screen when displaying a Word or Excel doc.

However... is there any way to edit the document in that browser viewer and easily save it back over the Aware document that was originally loaded?
Cheers,
Mark