Anyone seen garbled Combo Box data?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

Anyone seen garbled Combo Box data?

Post by Jaymer »

NOTE: This is always on Chrome browser.

I've seen this on and off for over a year - now, its less than 1 in 100 times a screen gets pulled up.
I finally was able to get a user to screen grab this:
combo box error.PNG
combo box error.PNG (23.7 KiB) Viewed 4624 times
Usually its not a problem, like if it appears in a popup/drill down Form from a click on a grid.
Because the next time you bring it up it will be fine.

But I have some Non-closeable tabs in my VP that show grids - and if one of those gets in this "confused" mode, then since I can't close the Tab, each subsequent opening of a form FROM THAT TAB will remain confused. (Its like the code in the Browser is cache'd somehow for the Form and each instance of the Form is also confused.)
I have to Ctrl-R then entire App to clear the issue.

anyway, thought it might only be me and didn't want to make a formal report to Support unless others are troubled by this.

NOTE: Aware's Javascript uses a .split("@"); to parse this data when rendering the UI. Makes me wonder if when I see this, if I was able to examine the browser Console for any JS messages, it might aid in debugging this.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jaymer

Re: Anyone seen garbled Combo Box data?

Post by Jaymer »

this is from the latest build, 2711
this time, i checked the JS console - but unfortunately found no errors.

Instead of it being a functioning Combo box, its a plain text field.
Attachments
reference fields.PNG
reference fields.PNG (11.06 KiB) Viewed 4091 times
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Jaymer

Re: Anyone seen garbled Combo Box data?

Post by Jaymer »

This issue was solved...
I was changing the ID field of the control.
I mean, its a editable field on the control.
If its left blank, it gets a unique value like: AWARE-60609

So, if you have a grid, and a click on a row performs EDIT OBJECT in NEW TAB,
and then you come back to the grid and do another click to open ANOTHER NEW TAB,
then Since I overrode the ID (which would have been random & unique) with a constant ID, then its the same ID on 2 diff tabs and the underlying JS gets confused.

Thats 100% the reason for the corruption.
Case closed.

Jaymer