The *OFFICIAL* Fall 2019 WISH LIST is here !!!!!!!

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jaymer

The *OFFICIAL* Fall 2019 WISH LIST is here !!!!!!!

Post by Jaymer »

Well, it had to be done.
So jump on in and lets keep Support busy!

If you can, please make the name of your post "your wish list item" instead of "RE: The *OFFICIAL* yada yada". Will be easier for the Summary page.
Last edited by Jaymer on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
Jaymer

Re: The *OFFICIAL* Fall 2019 WISH LIST is here !!!!!!!

Post by Jaymer »

1) ADD Alignment on Query Column Setup
2) Memory Variables
Last edited by Jaymer on Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Jaymer

ADD Alignment on Query Column Setup

Post by Jaymer »

Since I posted this on the WishList 17 months ago... and I talked to Roger this week and he wanted almost the exact same thing, I'm reposting this from March 20, 2018:
https://awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... =15#p46896

Default it to Left for Strings, Right for Numeric and I won't have to spend time beautifying my numeric columns by having to drill in and set the Header Styles.
There are more properties, but you could still get to them by clicking the row, edit, header styles.

Maybe a Ctrl-Click on the Alignment pulldown could popup the header Styles dialog directly (which saves you 1 click).
Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 4.31.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 4.31.46 PM.png (26.12 KiB) Viewed 17891 times

Jaymer
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Should this not be in the wish list forum - it is now impossible to find anything in this board because it is a bundle of wishes, feature requests, tips and ideas and problem reports which have their own areas for posting.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I kinda like it here. I’m not moving it, but if a forum admin thinks it need to get less visibility over there and he/she can move it.

Jaymer
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

Jaymer wrote:I kinda like it here. I’m not moving it, but if a forum admin thinks it need to get less visibility over there and he/she can move it.
Well kinda contributes to the ever decreasing utility of the forum.
Jaymer

Memory Variables

Post by Jaymer »

Would it really be that tough to have ONE MORE object in memory all the time?
I'll concede that it will take up server memory on a per-user basis - so it might not be the best place to have several 50,000k JSON string fields, but adding 1-5k more per session could be planned for.

In addition to LIRU & SystemSettings, which are always available, couldn't support easily add LoggedInSession and thats just 1 more BO that we can define like any other BO, and yet its always available for the duration of a login session.
Don't we all constantly need to save some temporary value somewhere - we do this by adding fields to LIRU, which just kinda bloats that object.

I'm fine with having to pre-declare any variables that I need (as opposed to making something up on the fly like a "true" memory variable would be),
What say support?

Jaymer
johntalbott

Re: Memory Variables

Post by johntalbott »

Jaymer wrote:Would it really be that tough to have ONE MORE object in memory all the time?
I'll concede that it will take up server memory on a per-user basis - so it might not be the best place to have several 50,000k JSON string fields, but adding 1-5k more per session could be planned for.

In addition to LIRU & SystemSettings, which are always available, couldn't support easily add LoggedInSession and thats just 1 more BO that we can define like any other BO, and yet its always available for the duration of a login session.
Don't we all constantly need to save some temporary value somewhere - we do this by adding fields to LIRU, which just kinda bloats that object.

I'm fine with having to pre-declare any variables that I need (as opposed to making something up on the fly like a "true" memory variable would be),
What say support?
Unfortunately this doesn't solve the issue of the extra round trip to the server which imo is a significant downside of using LIRU to manage state.

Additionally, a basic tenet of web development is to be "stateless". In other words it's generally bad practice to store temporary values on the server to be used for subsequent server calls. However, that's already being broken by using LIRU at all. :-)
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

well since you asked... :D

1. Badge on Left Menu:
  • On the Left Hand menu the ability to add a badge
    Works similar to badges in toolbars and form tabs
    So can be used for “News” counts, new lead Counts etc

2. Charts on forms:
  • Charts currently require a query
    Doesn’t work in all situations, eg we want to place a small, simple chart on a form
    Can do a Reference Attribute and records, but this is quite “heavy” when you just want a simple chart
    Currently we are using JavaScript charts to do this, it’s ok, but would prefer to keep all charts in Aware
    Idea is to have an Aware chart that isn’t a query, it just gets generated based on attributes on the BO
    For example, you can add say five attributes for the data points and the chart uses these for the data set
    Alternatively maybe you can have one plaintext field that holds an array of data used in the chart, and we have to define it in a certain way with a rule eg [dogs:3;cats:1;fish:4]
    This would be similar to how you add a Google Map to a form
3. Uploading and publishing new versions: (two new process rules)

This was briefly discussed at Conference, publishing is such a big thing:

- It needs to be done late at night when no users are online (or else you kick users out and get errors such as can’t publish due to active processes), this means someone has to stay up late at night

- The risk of error is MASSIVE. Publishing the wrong bsv over the top of another is a catastrophIc error, we have done it by accident (more than once), and isn’t helped that it is 1am when we do it (tired etc) and you are doing 15 each night.

- Its a manual “one at a time” process. We can publish 15 BSVs a night, so it takes a long time. Login to dev server, download BSV. Login to PROD server, upload and publish.

How could this be improved?

I think with two PROCESS RULES we could build a solution that would please everyone. We can develop a few processes/functions to automate this process. What we would need:

An Aware process rule (function) to download the bsv and put it in a directory on the DEV server. Putting it on the dev server is really important, not on the machine where the remote config tool is. So a process like: EXPORT TEST BSV to ‘/directory/‘ and EXPORT CURRENT BSV to ‘/directory/‘ would be great. It would be good to be able to use tags here like EXPORT TEST BSV to ‘<<SystemSettings.BSVExportDir>>'

We could then build a seperate Aware bsv (lets call it PublishManager) that grabs these .bsv files and does manager approval rules and then move the bsv file to a special directory on the right PROD server (we could do an EXECUTE PROGRAM to move it with a bash script and SFTP, it would be great to have an Aware process rule to SFTP a file but I have no idea if that is possible - nice to have only )

From there we can create an Aware process on the PROD server that we can schedule to look in the directory and if there is a BSV in the directory then publish it. Basically an Aware rule like PUBLISH ‘/dir/filename.bsv’. it would be good to be able to use tags here too like PUBLISH ‘<<SystemSettings.BSVPublishDir>>‘ (could also it from a Document attribute if that is easier)

This process would log the results in some table with a status or error message. Eg Publish failed, success etc. That way we could monitor it and build rules to SMS us if a publish failed.

The ability to schedule the PUBLISH rule is really important. With servers in different timezones it needs to happen in the middle of the night. Also we can set it to be done right after our scheduled backup. And make it happen in a staggered way so 5 bsvs on the same server are not being published at the same time.

These two rules would be very helpful, it removes human error and in our case would save probably 3-5 hours a week. We just queue them up, approve them during the day and it happens at night while we sleep.
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

1. Badge on Left Menu:
I am sure this was the original intention but ended up being very limited :( x 100

3. Uploading and publishing new versions: (two new process rules)
yes, please, this is critical x 1000
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

HTML canvas editor

https://www.drawerjs.com/

Adding an extra editor with functionality to be able to draw diagrams, and highlight image sections would be a very nice and powerful feature. This would allow picture annotation, diagrams, layouts serving insurance claim applications, crime scene diagram, medical assessment discovery diagrams, etc etc . This application/feature has endless opportunities within in an AwareIM developer environment.
rbross

Re: ADD Alignment on Query Column Setup

Post by rbross »

Jaymer wrote:Since I posted this on the WishList 17 months ago... and I talked to Roger this week and he wanted almost the exact same thing, I'm reposting this from March 20, 2018:
https://awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... =15#p46896

Default it to Left for Strings, Right for Numeric and I won't have to spend time beautifying my numeric columns by having to drill in and set the Header Styles.
There are more properties, but you could still get to them by clicking the row, edit, header styles.

Maybe a Ctrl-Click on the Alignment pulldown could popup the header Styles dialog directly (which saves you 1 click).
Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 4.31.46 PM.png
DITTO, please add.
Roger Ross
AwareIM 8.7 (build 3025) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
AwareIM 8.5 (build 2828) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Alignment for queries and badges on menus have been already implemented in the next version.

Please keep the requests coming. We do not guarantee that everything will be done, but we will review each and single request.

Rod, your request for publishing improvements can/should be implemented as a special plugin (we can do it for you separately, if you like)
Aware IM Support Team
Jaymer

Hiding/Disabling Fields on Forms

Post by Jaymer »

Is there an easier way... a "local" way to hide fields when on a Form (ie. not tied to global rules in the BO).
Hiding can be done now if in a Separator, but aside from that, does it make sense to allow a field to be dimmed BUT STAY IN PLACE on the form based on an Applicability condition?

Jaymer
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

A field can be hidden by a simple script attached to a field:
markup.css ("display", "none");
Aware IM Support Team