Date to String Function

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BLOMASKY

Date to String Function

Post by BLOMASKY »

I am SURE it must be my old eyes, but I can't find the function to convert CURRENT_DATE (or any of the other date functions to a string. (I need to create a string that looks like:

CURRENT_DATE + ' thru ' + MONTH_ADD(CURRENT_DATE,3)

Thanks
Bruce
(and I will polish my glasses when someone shows me where I missed this in the documentation)
BLOMASKY

Re: Date to String Function

Post by BLOMASKY »

and, as SOON as I post a question, I then find the results. (I was looking in date functions for some sort of Date to String function), but, of course, as I read further down, the AS_STRING function does JUST what I want!

(Might need bifocals!)
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

BTW, I am sure the rest of you much smarter kids, figured out that you can pass a format string to the AS_STRING function (even though it does not say it in the documentation), so I can type "AS_STRING(CURRENT_DATE, 'MM/dd/yyyy') to change the format.

But again, I know everyone else already figured this out before me...

Bruce
CalD

Post by CalD »

BLOMASKY wrote:BTW, I am sure the rest of you much smarter kids, figured out that you can pass a format string to the AS_STRING function (even though it does not say it in the documentation), so I can type "AS_STRING(CURRENT_DATE, 'MM/dd/yyyy') to change the format.

But again, I know everyone else already figured this out before me...

Bruce
Hey Bruce, thanks for posting this like 3 years ago! saved my Monday morning! after scouring the documentation to change date format for an export and coming up empty, I thank you for posting this!