AwareIM & Business Intelligence integration

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BenHayat

Re: AwareIM & Business Intelligence integration

Post by BenHayat »

weblike wrote:The community version does not support any kind of BI? For example limited to x dasboards (would be very helpful for customers to see in action the power of BI before they buy the commercial version).
Here is their Editions comparisons.
https://www.jaspersoft.com/editions
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

What doesn't look so good is the price.
What's so unique about this product that makes it that expensive, is there any machine learning or AI component - highly unlikely

BI can mean a lot of things nowadays, surely one can build something in Aware to serve the purpose of a specific BI project in your application, even though there are limited charts available. I dunno, maybe I don't understand BI in this context.
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

ACDC wrote:
What doesn't look so good is the price.
What's so unique about this product that makes it that expensive, is there any machine learning or AI component - highly unlikely

BI can mean a lot of things nowadays, surely one can build something in Aware to serve the purpose of a specific BI project in your application, even though there are limited charts available. I dunno, maybe I don't understand BI in this context.
Tony, you are 100% Correct:
Nothing. Just another reporting and DataViz. Tibco bought them, and suddenly prices went up and to justify that, they now call it BI. The only thing I liked about Jasper compared to other stuff I was looking at, it was designed for developers to embed that into their apps. BUT NOW YOU HAVE TO PAY A LOT OF MONEY.
And that is my EXACT conclusion. I can build specific queries for my app that can provide meaningful result and called it Ben's BI :D

So, I'm gonna look at the community edition for reports and then Highcharts for more powerful charting and Aware's query for online query.
RLJB

Post by RLJB »

Have played with this for a large client that wanted on the fly BI, it's good (for their need) and price is right:

https://aws.amazon.com/quicksight/

We find "reporting" in Aware to be a chore, the client always wants something we have not accommodated and they never want to pay for extra dev as everyone sells BI as 'just click a button' solutions (which is never true). The embedded spreadsheets is interesting and I wonder how far we could push it with datasets.
Rod. Aware 8.6 (latest build), Developer Edition, on OS Linux (Ubuntu) using GUI hosted on AWS EC2, MYSQL on AWS RDS
customaware

Post by customaware »

If you are happy with an entire Dashboard.... have a look at https://www.datadeck.com/en/

The only annoying thing is that I want the ability to just embed individual widgets in my app and at the moment that is not possible.
Cheers,
Mark
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

RLJB wrote:Have played with this for a large client that wanted on the fly BI, it's good (for their need) and price is right:

https://aws.amazon.com/quicksight/
Services like this that they meter you for everything, is very hard to offer in a SaaS, multi tenant application, where I don't have a control over each tenant and each user and how many times they use it and I get the bill for it.

Secondly, as Aware does NOT have a true REST expose service with full auth to offer live data, users can't get true live BI. Live BI services require live datasource via REST service (mostly these days) and not stale data.