8.2 version form import not working for bootsnip html

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
swiftinitpvtltd

8.2 version form import not working for bootsnip html

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

I tried form import for https://bootsnipp.com/snippets/featured/contact-form but even though the form shows up in preview in aware IM after import it does let me configure form fields(the configure form becomes blank and when I click on updown arrows gives org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: '$' is undefined error)
'$' is undefined
customaware

Re: 8.2 version form import not working for bootsnip html

Post by customaware »

Not sure but if this is the issue but.... this form relies on Bootstrap 4 and Fontawaesome 5.

Aware does not support those..... Yet.

You may have to tinker with the html a but in an external editor to rectify those two issues and it should work.

I am sure there are many othjer similar forms that will work. If I can find one I will post it here for you.
Cheers,
Mark
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

eagles9999 wrote:Not sure but if this is the issue but.... this form relies on Bootstrap 4 and Fontawaesome 5.
@Support;

Please be sure to include FontAwasome V5 PRO version and not free version. As the free is missing a lot categories and fonts as we need the variety in our app.
The Pro is very inexpensive and worth the yearly fee.

https://fontawesome.com/buy/standard?seats=5
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

BenHayat wrote:Please be sure to include FontAwasome V5 PRO version and not free version. As the free is missing a lot categories and fonts as we need the variety in our app.
The Pro is very inexpensive and worth the yearly fee.

https://fontawesome.com/buy/standard?seats=5
Realistically the free version is the only one that AIM could distribute (without negotiation with Fontawesome) as the license seems quite limited (ie no distribution of the FA set). But unless I am misunderstanding how v5 would be integrated it should be very straightforward for AIM developers to upgrade to the Pro version. I bought in at the Kickstarter stage when the licensing was generous, but it seems much more restrained now.
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

PointsWell wrote:
BenHayat wrote: But unless I am misunderstanding how v5 would be integrated it should be very straightforward for AIM developers to upgrade to the Pro version.
That is the key point, how Aware integrates with FA. I don't have a problem buying the PRO myselef, as long as Aware would recognize the PRO classes.
swiftinitpvtltd

Post by swiftinitpvtltd »

eagles9999 wrote:Not sure but if this is the issue but.... this form relies on Bootstrap 4 and Fontawaesome 5.

You may have to tinker with the html a but in an external editor to rectify those two issues and it should work.

I am sure there are many othjer similar forms that will work. If I can find one I will post it here for you.
Thank you for these details!