Change Font Size for Grid Attributes

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Jhstephenson

Change Font Size for Grid Attributes

Post by Jhstephenson »

On an app I have clients using tablets as well as their desktops. On the desktop the monitors are big enough that everything looks just fine on the query grids. But on tablets, specifically iPads, things get squished together and the text for the attributes gets cutoff.

I know with CSS we can change most anything about the look and feel of an app. I use 'thinrows' which Mark and I think Roger have provided to change the height of Grid Rows.

How would I change the font size though for the attributes displayed on a grid?

I want a specific grid to take up less room so that I can see more text when users are on tablets.

Right now everything seems to use the same font, which is a little bigger than I want it to be.

Thinrows looks like this:

Code: Select all

/* Vertical Spacing for a grid*/
.thinrows .k-grid-content > table > tbody > tr > td > .k-button
{
padding-top:0px;
padding-bottom:0px;
line-height:20px;
}
Could I just add a

font-style: 12px;
to it?

Or is there someplace else that I need to reference the font size I want to use?
Jhstephenson

Re: Change Font Size for Grid Attributes

Post by Jhstephenson »

As I look at this some more I think I can do what I want with a customer query. But when I try to create a template from the BO Presentations tab I get the following:

An error has occurred. See error log for more details.

Reason: com.awaresoft.awareim.configtool.editorparts.FormSectionDesignPartcannot be 
cast to com.awaresoft.awareim.configtool.editorparts.PresentationDesignPart
Nothing shows up in any of the logs.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?
ACDC

Re: Change Font Size for Grid Attributes

Post by ACDC »

But on tablets, specifically iPads, things get squished together and the text for the attributes gets cutoff.
Have you tried creating a separate form for Tablet and a Mobile phone using the Screen Responsiveness Settings on the form settings setup panel?

This should take care of assigning the correct form automatically based on whatever device is being used