List Counts in tabs

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
bwalk

List Counts in tabs

Post by bwalk »

Hello AwareIM Users,
I am brand new to this forum and rather (no very) new to AwareIM.
I would like to show the counts of list in the tabs section. I have attached a screenshot of what I'm after.
Basically I have pictures and documents for any given issue. I would like to show the quantity of each in the appropriate tab.
Is this even possible? Currently I have the counts showing in the parent form area but that is not very appealing.
Any direction would be appreciated.
Thanks
Attachments
2018-08-14_8-33-16.png
2018-08-14_8-33-16.png (93.13 KiB) Viewed 15042 times
rbross

Re: List Counts in tabs

Post by rbross »

You can display the record count at the bottom of the query. See screenshots
RecordCountBar.PNG
RecordCountBar.PNG (19.23 KiB) Viewed 15031 times
DisplaySettings.PNG
DisplaySettings.PNG (18.05 KiB) Viewed 15031 times
GridSettings.PNG
GridSettings.PNG (57.47 KiB) Viewed 15031 times
Roger Ross
AwareIM 8.7 (build 3025) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
AwareIM 8.5 (build 2828) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
bwalk

Post by bwalk »

rbross, thanks for the reply and this information is good to know.
I am however trying to get those counts into the tabs so a user will not need to scroll down to the bottom of the form to see the count.
Hoping someone will have a solution. I have tried using tags such as <<BO.count>> and many variations of that but have not succeeded with that approach.
Thanks again for posting.
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

You can do this by setting the Display Badge on the form and then using your Count attribute in the setup of the badge.

On a closer look the badge is not available on references, only the main form tab
bwalk

Post by bwalk »

Thanks ACDC, I will look into this solution.
BLOMASKY

A different solution

Post by BLOMASKY »

What you are asking for is to have the "parent" keep count of how many children records. So in each Issue BO you would like to know the # of pictures and documents.

Aware can do the heavy lifting for you and the plus is you can then conditionally display or ?? depending on the # of records. To do this:

1) Create 2 new attributes in the Issues BO. NoOfPictures and NoOfDocuments (set them both to calculated so no one can ever edit them)
2) Create 2 new rules in the Issues BO to always update this For example for the pictures:
IF Pictures WAS ADDED TO Issues.ob_Pictures THEN INCREASE Issues.noOfPictures BY 1
IF Pictures WAS REMOVED FROM Issues.ob_Pictures then REDUCE Issues.noOfPictures BY 1

There are other ways to do the rules, by using a COUNT Function. So this is just one way to write the logic, but you now have 2 fields you can use to display any fancy way you want. (i.e. using a HTML cell to customize the display).

Bruce
bwalk

Post by bwalk »

Hello Bruce, thanks for your reply.
This is exactly what I currently have, 2 attributes holding the # of Pics and Docs using rules to populate them when either a pic or doc is added/deleted.
And I'm showing these in the parent form just above the tab section of the pics/docs.
If I have to live with these attributes staying in the parent I guess I can but I think it would be extremely nice and professional looking to have these in the tabs themselves.
IE Pictures(2) Documents(3) etc.
Thanks again for the post.
customaware

Post by customaware »

Bill would like a Badge to show in each Tab with the count.

As ACDC advised.... that is not possible on a Reference Tab. Only on a Main Tab
Cheers,
Mark
bwalk

Post by bwalk »

Ah, OK, I did not understand the difference between 'Ref' tab and 'Main' tab but I get it now.
So I will re-arrange what I have into something more appealing and work with that.
Thanks for all the replies!
Bill
bwalk

Post by bwalk »

I have decided to alter my form to utilize the suggestion of form tabs and not reference tabs.
I like it, nice clean, looks good.
Thanks a lot.
Attachments
2018-08-18_8-43-57.png
2018-08-18_8-43-57.png (20.22 KiB) Viewed 14966 times
customaware

Post by customaware »

Good one Bill.
Cheers,
Mark