How do you auto-refresh a frame or a menu?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
JonP

How do you auto-refresh a frame or a menu?

Post by JonP »

I've finally gotten the controls in the form on the banner to sync nicely in both directions with the form on the main context panel. But I also need to sync with the left frame, which has menus that will appear and disappear based on "Condition when invisible". Those conditions key off the values selected in the banner.

Forms and queries have an auto-refresh feature that I used to sync. I don't see anything for the frame/menus to trigger a refresh.

Do I need to relearn Javascript to make it happen?
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
aware_support

Re: How do you auto-refresh a frame or a menu?

Post by aware_support »

One option is to re-display the visual perspective by calling DISPLAY PERSPECTIVE from a process.

Or you can do it with this:
EXEC_SCRIPT 'AwareApp.goHome();'
Aware IM Support Team
JonP

Post by JonP »

Thanks for the tips. Sorry for the delay in getting back. I had to take some time tracking down corner cases before I could respond without risking being inaccurate.

I tried every way I could think of to implement DISPLAY PERSPECTIVE, but the only real option I know to trigger the code consistently is to use it in the process that I use to view the banner form, which causes the form to either infinite loop, pop-up or show in the main panel.

I tried using EXEC_SCRIPT 'AwareApp.goHome();' and got the same result. Also tried putting AwareApp.goHome(); in the script property of the banner form as well as the attribute. More infinite loops.

I need a condition to break the loop. WAS CHANGED doesn't work for a process.
v8.1 on Windows 10 / MySQL 5.6 (local), v8.1 on Windows Server 2016 / MySQL 5.6 (server)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Really don't know which infinite loops you are talking about - this is something specific to your app. DISPLAY PERSPECTIVE and EXEC_SCRIPT DO refresh the current screen.
Aware IM Support Team
JonP

Post by JonP »

Sorry, I wasn't clear. They are refreshing the screen...in an infinite loop. The refresh triggers the process which runs the refresh. I'll figure it out.