Still problem accessing forum via FF?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BenHayat

Still problem accessing forum via FF?

Post by BenHayat »

Seems like, since last week some problem showed up that the Aware site and forum could not be accessed by FireFox. Does everyone still experience this from different parts of the world?
ACDC

Re: Still problem accessing forum via FF?

Post by ACDC »

I had a similar problem in Chrome, after clearing the browser cache it went away. The error that Chrome was reporting was something to do with too many errors in the responses from the Forum site (can't remember the error type - but was surprised at getting the strange problem - just would not connect )
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

ACDC wrote:I had a similar problem in Chrome, after clearing the browser cache it went away. The error that Chrome was reporting was something to do with too many errors in the responses from the Forum site (can't remember the error type - but was surprised at getting the strange problem - just would not connect )
Do you see the following error using FF?
"The page isn’t redirecting properly"
tford

Post by tford »

I had the same experience as ACDC. I think the message had to do with exceeding the maximum number of redirects. Clearing the Chrome cache eliminated the error message.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

tford wrote:I had the same experience as ACDC. I think the message had to do with exceeding the maximum number of redirects. Clearing the Chrome cache eliminated the error message.
But I was asking about Chrome. I was asking about FF. :-) :)
ACDC

Post by ACDC »

But I was asking about Chrome. I was asking about FF.
Yes , but maybe the same is happening in FF and the error is not being reported. The Chrome error response could be a clue to the FF problem
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

ACDC wrote:
But I was asking about Chrome. I was asking about FF.
Yes , but maybe the same is happening in FF and the error is not being reported. The Chrome error response could be a clue
I had reported this to Vlad last week, and they were looking into it. But he said something in the cloud is causing it. I'm trying to see if it only in USA or everywhere that FF doesn't work.
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

Congrats to Aware team. Problem with FF is resolved.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Not quite yet. We are still working on this... It's something between WordPress and Cloudflare. For now we have temporarily turned off Cloudflare - that's why it's working. But we will have to turn it back on at some point.
Aware IM Support Team
PointsWell

Post by PointsWell »

The problem of too many redirects has reappeared today in desktop versions of Chrome Safari and Opera.

Also on iOS Safari.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Most probably because we have turned Cloudflare back on. Please try to completely clear the cache of the browsers exhibiting the problem. It worked for us - once we cleared EVERYTHING the problem disappeared
Aware IM Support Team
weblike

Post by weblike »

Clearing the cache worked for me too.
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

aware_support wrote:Most probably because we have turned Cloudflare back on. Please try to completely clear the cache of the browsers exhibiting the problem. It worked for us - once we cleared EVERYTHING the problem disappeared
BUT, clearing cache in FireFox does NOT solve the problem as before. Just other browsers.
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Safari on OSX stopped working again today. Was working for a few days.
Under the DEVELOP menu, I can "Clear Caches" - did nothing.
(I'm not going to "clear everything" and lose all my login data for tons of websites.)
Can't access Forum or main site.
I also manually removed data for this website under Preferences/Privacy/Details... (Remove Website Data)
Does that mean that any "vanilla" Macintosh user cannot search for Aware and go to their website? Thats crazy.

Chrome lets me in fine.
I stopped using Firefox long ago.
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL
softserv

Post by softserv »

We are facing issues even on Google Chrome. Aware website awareim.com does not work on many computers in our office. So we use Edge. Not a Critical issue for us so kinda managing but may be an issue for Aware team to have a look.
Team SoftServ

V8.3 2628 |V8.2 2574 |V8.1 2475 | V8.0 2372 | V7.1 2240 | V6.0 2042 | V5.9 1894
MS SQL Server | MySQL
AWS | Azure | Google Cloud

SoftServ - AwareIM