Wish List

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BLOMASKY

Wish List

Post by BLOMASKY »

With the holidays JUST around the corner... cough.. cough... I figured it was time to post my wish list again. Some New Items, many that I have "wished" for before:

Can we please have the date of last change displayed in the configuration tool next to the application name? This would be much more useful than V1.1 NEW. (I am always moving between desktop and laptop and it would be a nice sanity check to see if the version I am working on is the latest!. Not that I have EVER screwed up... cough.. cough..)

Console.log support in Processes. Debugging complex business rules would be a lot easier if I could have code like the following. "console.log('the value of the customer is ' + <<Customer.ID>>). Of course, if this could also be used in a rule, then this would be the "cats meow"! (Wonder how many peeps are old enough to recognize that saying?)

Need ability to CLOSE stuff. (panels, forms, (yea, we have it for tabs, thank you VERY much, but there are many times I need that more granular. Is that very difficult?)

I have to know what tab a user has in focus. I really really need an event to be called when a tab gets focus. I would even pay for that! (thats how much I need it!)

Inline editing in a grid is sub-par. (if there is only 1 row, I have to tab past the last field to create a new blank record. It would be nice to have the option to have the BO updated whenever an editable field loses focus. This is so limiting for me, that I use non-editable grids (err, I mean queries) and have a form displayed when the user selects the row for any editing.)

OK, an EASY one. In a grid can we have "Use Attribute Style" be ticked by default, (that is, if you do not give us the option to change this in the query style.) If I have an attribute style set in the BO, I prolly want to use that by default (Alignment, colors, etc.)

While we are talking about styles, How about ZERO Suppress option for numeric fields. There is no easy way to do that now. (cant have a style to change the color, since on queries, I have alternating colors). I accomplish this now, by creating a 2nd, Plain Text field for each numeric field, and conditionally update it. Better numeric formatting would be a welcomed addition. (picture formatting, so can have negatives in ()'s or if field is whole number, eliminate decimal places, etc.)

This is my top list of additions that would make my life easier (and impress my very difficult customers to impress)

Thanks for listening...

Bruce
pureist

Re: Wish List

Post by pureist »

re. 'Inline editing in a grid is sub-par. (if there is only 1 row, I have to tab past the..'

Why don't you just have a 'Save inline edits' Button on the panel when there might only be one row? then no tabbing whatsoever is required by the user.

re. 'I really really need an event to be called when a tab gets focus. I would even pay for that!'

How much would you be prepared to contribute towards the following sponsored functionality?:

"All that is needed to complete the functionality in terms of perfectly controlling the Tab aspect of the UX are:

1. SWITCH TO TAB Action (or 'SELECT TAB')
2. setting for the Frame, 'Run Process When Tab Selected (by User not 'SWITCH TO TAB' Action)'
3. setting for the Frame, 'Run Process After Tab Closed (by User not 'CLOSE TAB' Acton)'
4. setting for a Close Form button, 'Run process after form closed' (same as there already is for when after a form is saved)
"
BLOMASKY

Post by BLOMASKY »

Why don't you just have a 'Save inline edits' Button on the panel when there might only be one row? then no tabbing whatsoever is required by the user.

2 Reasons. 1, I have no way to do any validation prior to the the save. Many times I want to conditionally check the data and report back an error. 2nd, it looks ugly. I think the system should know when it should save records

How much would you be prepared to contribute towards the following sponsored functionality?:

Waiting for the developers to come back with a cost then can tell you how much I would pay. (Listening Vlad??)
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

Code: Select all

2. setting for the Frame, 'Run Process When Tab Selected (by User not 'SWITCH TO TAB' Action)'
3. setting for the Frame, 'Run Process After Tab Closed (by User not 'CLOSE TAB' Acton)'
4. setting for a Close Form button, 'Run process after form closed' (same as there already is for when after a form is saved)"
All of these things would probably be $1000. If people are willing to contribute we could do it in one of the next builds (along with some other nice things). Otherwise, you will have to wait for one of the next versions.
Aware IM Support Team
pureist

Post by pureist »

AU$?
customaware

Post by customaware »

I am in for 200
Cheers,
Mark
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

USD
Aware IM Support Team
pureist

Re: Wish List NOT COMPLETE

Post by pureist »

Wait. Control of the tab aspect of the UX isn't complete with just those 4.
There also needs to be (which I received a quote for previously, thus know they are possible) the following 2 settings added the the Tab settings dialog:

5. don't switch to new tab [immediately following opening]; and,
6. new tab opening position offset (+ or -) relative to current tab.

....note:
....i. - and + values indicate where to open tab relative to the current tab, eg. 3 or -2 tabs offset from current tab
....ii. offset left blank = open as last tab (as at present); offset of 0 = open as first tab
....iii. a + or - offset greater than the number of tabs in that direction would merely open the tab at the beginning or end

....'opening position offset' is useful because you might want to have the first 3 or 4 tabs always in view (like 'frozen' spreadsheet columns) and be readily accessible because they contain 'dashboard' or parent like data, and using an 'offset' you can open tabs immediately after the last of the 3 or 4 tabs, thus preventing the first 3 or 4 tabs scrolling off screen, and always have the most recently opened tabs in view. Scrolling the tab row back and forth to switch between tabs is not a good UX. This somewhat overcomes tabs not being able to be dragged and reordered to be in a logical order.

as well as the previous 4:

4. setting for a Close Form button, 'Run process after form closed' (same as there already is for when after a form is saved)
pureist

Post by pureist »

I'd chip in $100 towards the 6 enhancements, BUT as long as it includes making the tabs component function correctly as it should, whereby when a tab is switched back to, its state (scroll position and everything else) is exactly as it was previously.
This is how Tabs are supposed to function, and indeed how the Kendo Tabs component functions:
http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/tabstrip/ajax
However, presently in Aware the scroll bar is always reset back to the top when returning to a tab.

Are you still tallying up the contents of your Piggy Bank, Bruce?
I think you should change the Topic Name to be 'User Sponsored Tabs Enhancements' so more people are likely to read it.
mrbdrm

Post by mrbdrm »

i am in 100$
weblike

Post by weblike »

+ 100$ (with what pureist says)
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

I am also in with 100USD.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
BLOMASKY

Will be in next build

Post by BLOMASKY »

Gentlemen. The tab features we have asked for have been paid for and Vlad says they will be in the next build.

It was easier for him to have one person pay for it, So, after the next build comes out, if the tab features meets with your expectations and you offered to contribute to the cost of it, please let me know.

Unless someone tells me that they do not want it made public, I will post a list of people who have helped contribute to this (highly in demand) feature.

Bruce
BenHayat

Re: Will be in next build

Post by BenHayat »

BLOMASKY wrote:Gentlemen. The tab features we have asked for have been paid for and Vlad says they will be in the next build.

It was easier for him to have one person pay for it, So, after the next build comes out, if the tab features meets with your expectations and you offered to contribute to the cost of it, please let me know.

Unless someone tells me that they do not want it made public, I will post a list of people who have helped contribute to this (highly in demand) feature.

Bruce
Well done Bruce & Support, although I have not really followed this whole "Tab" thing that's been going on for a while. :)
pureist

Post by pureist »

Bruce, can you confirm the following are the specifications for the enhancements you have commissioned:

5. setting on Tab options dialog: 'don't switch to new tab [immediately following opening]'

6. setting on Tab options dialog: 'new tab opening position offset (+ or -) relative to current tab'

AND (7.)..
I'd chip in $100 towards the 6 enhancements, BUT as long as it includes making the tabs component function correctly as it should, whereby when a tab is switched back to, its state (scroll position and everything else) is exactly as it was previously.
This is how Tabs are supposed to function, and indeed how the Kendo Tabs component functions:
http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/tabstrip/ajax

However, presently in Aware the scroll bar is always reset back to the top when returning to a tab.