Why can't I put related columns in a Grid header

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BLOMASKY

Why can't I put related columns in a Grid header

Post by BLOMASKY »

I have a layout with a query of a master table (lets call it Items) and a related query of Sales Orders.

When I select a record in the Items table, it runs a process to store the selected item in LoggedInRegularUser.

In the child query (and yes, auto refresh is selected for when the process that saves the record is run), in the Custom Header, the following works: Sales Orders for: <<LoggedInRegularUser.selectedItem.ID>>
but changing to <<LoggedInRegularUser.selectedItem.ps_Items.ID>> or <<LoggedInRegularUser.selectedItem.sc_Description>>

do NOT display anything. Should this work?

Thanks
Bruce
tford

Re: Why can't I put related columns in a Grid header

Post by tford »

I haven't tried the situation you are talking about, but in another scenario (I can't remember where), I found that you could not use more than two dots.

As a workaround, you could have a rule that stores the value of: LoggedInRegularUser.selectedItem.ps_Items.ID in a new attribute like: LoggedInRegularUser.selectedItem.ps_Items_ID_Holder
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
BLOMASKY

Re: Why can't I put related columns in a Grid header

Post by BLOMASKY »

Yea, I did that, but it seems a waste to store the same data twice JUST to display it. oh well. there are worse things in life (like a hangnail)

thanks
bruce