UDIT - File is of unrecognized structure

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
kenlyle

UDIT - File is of unrecognized structure

Post by kenlyle »

I am trying to import a simple CSV with no quotes, just commas into an object with all Plain Text fields, but no matter what I do, I am getting "File is of unrecognized structure", even when I use the same file as the sample file...even when trying only a small number of trivial records like:

City,State,Zip
Warrington,PA,18976
Royersford,PA,19468

which map directly to the corresponding fields in the object, whether testingMode=false or testingMode=true.

The database is SQL Server, and the entire system is running on a VM.

Ideas?
kenlyle

Re: UDIT - File is of unrecognized structure

Post by kenlyle »

v6 2052 is the release.
kenlyle

Post by kenlyle »

Interesting. Works from Standard-Import, but not from the Import button on the Import and Export Templates List.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

You must have done something wrong when defining the import template...
Aware IM Support Team
kenlyle

Post by kenlyle »

That doesn't seem right. The template works perfectly from one place (the Standard menu), but gives that error when run from the Import button on the Import and Export Templates List? If there were an error in the template, then it should work or fail either way, right?

Is it possible that different code is being called when imports are called by these two different methods?

I get the same results in both test and production, again, in build 2052, and importing from the Templates list fails for me, even when using the source file as the sample file, returning the error message I posted.
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The Import button you are referring to is not for running the template - it is for importing a template definition from a file
Aware IM Support Team
kenlyle

Post by kenlyle »

Ah, Thanks.

Maybe that should be obvious from the context, but it seems reasonable to want to execute the template right from the list as well.

Since there's so much whitespace in that button bar, could you consider adding the word "Template" to the existing Import and Export buttons, and add buttons for Import Data and Export Data? Or maybe a Go icon to the right in the list with the other icons? Seems like a nice touch in ease of use.
johntalbott

Post by johntalbott »

I'm keep getting the 'File is of unrecognized structure' when trying to import a csv file of test data.

I let Aware create the import template based on it's reading of the file structure. I've also tried creating the template manually.

Even a simple file with 5 columns is not working.

Any ideas?
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
johntalbott

Post by johntalbott »

Ok. I figured it out.

I completely agree with Ken's suggestions. I can say with certainty, it would have saved me several hours.
VocalDay Solutions - Agility - Predictability - Quality

We specialize in enabling business through the innovative use of technology.

AwareIM app with beautiful UI/UX - https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/crfUrrVeB3t
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

I recently made about 8 imports, with reference fields, and using the "*" on a field and had no problems like you're describing.
It WAS helpful in one COMPLEX case to export some data so I saw what Aware was naming the references.
glad you got it worked out.
jaymer...
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL