►Your Feeback Please!◄ Scheduled processes

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BenHayat

►Your Feeback Please!◄ Scheduled processes

Post by BenHayat »

Hi;

I have a nightly scheduled processes setup, that each starts in 5 minutes after the previous one starting from midnight. As the following picture shows.

Is this a proper way of having Aware to execute a series of processes? Divided into predefined starting times? Or should they all be set at 00.00 (midnight) and then have Aware to schedule them accordingly?

Hence: there is no special reason in the order of execution.

Thank you in advance!
RocketRod

Re: ►Your Feeback Please!◄ Scheduled processes

Post by RocketRod »

Be careful setting execution time to a specific value as I have had issues in the past of non execution due to time not matching (seconds value I guess). I have therefore had to do some workarounds.

Cheers Rod
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

RocketRod wrote:Be careful setting execution time to a specific value as I have had issues in the past of non execution due to time not matching (seconds value I guess). I have therefore had to do some workarounds.

Cheers Rod
I'm facing it right now. So how do you tell it when to do it?
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

RocketRod wrote:Be careful setting execution time to a specific value as I have had issues in the past of non execution due to time not matching (seconds value I guess). I have therefore had to do some workarounds.

Cheers Rod
So Rod, would you say I should say:

Code: Select all

If CURRENT_TIME=>'00:05:00' AND  CURRENT_TIME<'00:06:00' then DoSomething
To force it withing 60 seconds to activate?
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

Cheers Rod
Rod, I enhanced the time range so each process activation can fall in within 60 seconds.
Note: Each process can ONLY be executed ONCE every 24 hours.

Here it is. Is this better to safeguard against what you pointed out?

RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

Yes that's the idea. Not sure how long your processes take to execute for you would need to add another check if they take less than a minute. Otherwise they will execute more than once a day.

CHeers Rod
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

RocketRod wrote: for you would need to add another check if they take less than a minute. Otherwise they will execute more than once a day.

CHeers Rod
Exactly! Based on all the testes (on light weight data), the rest take long enough so each process does not fall in in the range of 60 seconds.
Thank you for bringing at point up in your first post. The second condition helped to make it tighter.
tford

Post by tford »

I've always used = and I believe my scheduled processes have run each night. One way to see for sure is to create a log entry when scheduled processes run.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

tford wrote:I've always used = and I believe my scheduled processes have run each night. One way to see for sure is to create a log entry when scheduled processes run.
Hi Tom;
Yes, all my schedules start with " >= " and I also have a log (record created in DB). So far in development with light weight, they all start exactly at first "second" for each minute, which is nice. For now I'm giving each process 5 minutes to complete, but as data grows, I might span that a bit more.