The Ultimate SAAS Database Solution

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BenHayat

Re: The Ultimate SAAS Database Solution

Post by BenHayat »

RLJB wrote:ok thanks.

I didn't realise that Aurora isn't available in Aus currently - that's a show stopper for us anyways.

In US the Aurora monthly pricing is $110/mth if paid in advance for a year. RDS MySQL is $90/mth for a medium instance. Excluding storage. While this is not massive, it isn't insignificant when you're running 4-5 prod servers.
Rod, as I was doing price calculation the other day, even with MySQL RDS it can get pricey quickly.
weblike

Post by weblike »

Hi,

I recommend this one https://www.percona.com/software/mysql- ... ona-server

- it's open-source
Is a free, fully compatible, enhanced, open source drop-in replacement for MySQL® that provides superior performance, scalability and instrumentation. With over 1,900,000 downloads, Percona Server’s self-tuning algorithms and support for extremely high-performance hardware delivers excellent performance and reliability.
- cloud ready
- scalable (Scales to over 48 CPU cores, with the ability to achieve hundreds of thousands of I/O operations per second on high-end solid-state hardware)
- Detailed query logging with per-query statistics about locking, I/O, and query plan, as well as performance and access counters per-table, per-index, per-user, and per-host
- Enterprise ready - Percona Server includes advanced, full-enabled external authentication, audit logging and threadpool scalability features that are only available in Oracle’s commercial MySQL Enterprise Edition

cheers,
Thx,
George
DB: MySql 5.6.42
customaware

Post by customaware »

Have you actually tried it with Aware George?
Cheers,
Mark
weblike

Post by weblike »

Hi,

I am managing for 3 years a server with php application which has this SQL server behinds it, and has capacity for heavy workloads, like is described on their website.
This year we have began to test this in AWIM and we are planning to migrate our production to it with new v7.0.It connects like standard MySQL, no need of special driver or anything.

I have installed it on CentOS 6.7 and no problems so far. The only minus is this, you can't install it on Windows platforms, but this is not a problem (the installation is pretty easy on linux and well documented).

It has plugins to monitor his performace.

cheers
Thx,
George
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

weblike wrote:Hi,

I am managing for 3 years a server with php application which has this SQL server behinds it, and has capacity for heavy workloads, like is described on their website.
This year we have began to test this in AWIM and we are planning to migrate our production to it with new v7.0.It connects like standard MySQL, no need of special driver or anything.

I have installed it on CentOS 6.7 and no problems so far. The only minus is this, you can't install it on Windows platforms, but this is not a problem (the installation is pretty easy on linux and well documented).

It has plugins to monitor his performace.

cheers
Do you know if the Windows version on it's way and tools like benchmark, since I use everyday? Since we want to run it on AWS Windows VPS.
weblike

Post by weblike »

Hi Ben,

No, they don't have builds for Windows, only supported OS are described here https://www.percona.com/downloads/Perco ... .6/LATEST/
I have read that it's trying some experimental builds with Percona 5.5 on windows, but not recommended for production environments.

I'm also using a Windows 2012 server with AWIM and MySQL on same VPS(sometimes MySQL it's very hungry on RAM and CPU) but I'll intend to separate this in 2: 1 VPS for AWIM and 1 VPS for SQL. Percona can be easily upgraded to Percona XtraDBCluster for high availability and load balance if production needs it.

This is a very good alternative to MySQL and it's free as-well :).

Cheers,
Thx,
George
rbross

Post by rbross »

eagles9999 wrote:Interesting article.....

http://izoratti.blogspot.com/2014/11/it ... forms.html
Good article Mark!

You did finally get Aurora connected AwareIM didn't you?
Roger Ross
AwareIM 8.7 (build 3025) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~
AwareIM 8.5 (build 2828) ~ MS-SQL ~ Windows 10 ~