Limit 'Add' by Access Level

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
Markfre1

Limit 'Add' by Access Level

Post by Markfre1 »

I have many forms with a Table of Operations with the 'Add' or 'Add New' checked. I only want these buttons to display based by access level. Administrator should have active button but not Customer. I cannot see an option like you have with operations to implement this.

I would hate to have to create a duplicate form and associated calls to this form just to not have this button display or not.

Am I overlooking something basic here? Thanks in advance for the input.

Mark
kklosson

Re: Limit 'Add' by Access Level

Post by kklosson »

If they don't need to edit then you can do it with access levels, but I suspect they do need to do so...
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
Markfre1

Post by Markfre1 »

So there is a Parent, and then the list of peers underneath. The actual setup is there is an Accountant, and that accountant is allowed access to certain stores that the Admin has 'Add' to that Accountant.

So once the store is 'Add' by the admin, the accountant has access to view/edit the details limited by the access level attributes.

We just don't to display (or disable) the 'Add' button as the accountant is not allowed to 'Add' stores.

I just don't see a hide display like you have for operations? Possible, other thoughts??

Thanks, Mark
Markfre1

Post by Markfre1 »

AIM support suggested to use a process. Just wanted to make sure I was not overlooking something. In this case its easier just to duplicate the form and remove the button and make the change in the VP call.

Thanks, Mark