Unable to serialize process context

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
kaygee1

Unable to serialize process context

Post by kaygee1 »

Okay, so here's one that's become a thorn in my side.

First what I'm trying to accomplish.

I have a main business object, called Claim. A Claim belongs to a Program. A program can have specialized transaction types. Like for example, Legal, Expert and Property transaction types. Each claim for a given program then must track the various transactions by transaction type. I have an object to store those details, ClaimTransactionSummary. It's just for the purpose of displaying the current totals to date.

So whenever a transaction is added to a claim I run a process to delete the current set of TransactionSummary records and recreate them. I did it this way because I couldn't figure out the rules to look for the existing Summaries and update when found or create new if not found.

Here's the rules of that process, called CalculateTransactionSummary
1) DELETE Claim.TransactionSummary
2) FIND TransactionType WHERE TransactionType.Program=Claim.Program IN BATCHES OF 1
3) CREATE ClaimTransactionSummary WITH ClaimTransactionSummary.Claim=Claim, ClaimTransaction.TransactionType=TransactionType, ClaimTransaction.TotalAmount = SUM Transaction WHERE (Transaction.Claim=Claim AND Transaction.TransactionType=TransactionType)

The fields in the ClaimTransactionSummary are all set to Calculated.

The process is set to run via a rule on the claim
If Claim.Transactions WAS CHANGED THEN CalculateTransactionSummary

The goal is that every time a new transaction is created, I recreate the transaction summary and display it on a table on the main claim form.

However, when I run this, I get this dreaded "Unable to serialize process context com.bas.basserver.executionengine.A.G$_F"

There's no other rules setup on the TransactionSummary, not even a required field as I tried to minimize the number of rules possible.

The most frustrating thing is that it seems to be working properly because it finds the three transaction types, creates the first TransactionSummary correctly with all values including Claim and TransactionType, but then it just freezes, says CalculateTransactionSummary is suspended, without any rhyme or reason or message to point me in the right direction.

If anyone has any experience with this error message and can point me in some direction to resolve it, that would be greatly appreciated cause I'm at my wits end.
tford

Re: Unable to serialize process context

Post by tford »

One thing I see on a quick review.

Instead of: DELETE Claim.TransactionSummary it looks like you should have

FIND TransactionSummary WHERE TransactionSummary IN Claim.TransactionSummary
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The message seems to indicate that there is a bug somewhere. Can you please send your BSV to [email protected] and explain how to reproduce the problem
Aware IM Support Team
kaygee1

Post by kaygee1 »

Thanks Tom, I'll give that a try.

I'll also be sending my BSV shortly. Been mucking around and have to clean some integrity issues first...
aware_support

Post by aware_support »

The "unable to serialize process context" problem has been fixed in build 2046
Aware IM Support Team