►FR◄ Setting "Initial Value" when adding new attributes.

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BenHayat

►FR◄ Setting "Initial Value" when adding new attributes.

Post by BenHayat »

@SUPPORT;

When I add a new attribute and set it's "Initial Value" to an existing object, where there is data already in DB, it would be very helpful when Aware alters the table and creates a new column/field in the table, to populate the newly added attribute with it's Initial value set in the configuration tool.
For example, if we have Rules that check for Yes/No or Zero or another value, it always fails, because the new attribute holds null value.
kklosson

Re: ►FR◄ Setting "Initial Value" when adding new attributes.

Post by kklosson »

I've been there and found it easiest to create a process to update as necessary. So I update the BSV, then run the process to set values. I would prefer this over having the tool do things that I may of may not want.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

kklosson wrote:I've been there and found it easiest to create a process to update as necessary. So I update the BSV, then run the process to set values. I would prefer this over having the tool do things that I may of may not want.
Thanks; That was the choice that I thought as well.
So, I should have something like his:

FIND ALL Customer
Customer.Moved='No'

Then run the process from menu.
kklosson

Post by kklosson »

Exactly.
V8.8
MySQL, AWS EC2, S3
PDFtk Toolkit
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

kklosson wrote:Exactly.
Thanks!

Since you became an expert in "Session Timeout" subject, could you please verify in the following post that the two areas I need to set, one is set as "seconds" and the other as "Milliseconds"? And are there more places to set ?

http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8052

Basically, in BASServer.props I have to set in "Milliseconds" and in webapp.props I have to set as "seconds" . Is this correct?