Auto refresh

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
robleer

Auto refresh

Post by robleer »

Hi,

I have a form which contains some data. This form is always open and stays open on the screen.

But, it is possible that another user changes some data of this record.

Now I want to make this change visible on the screen that is Always open.
I have set auto refresh on the form with an interval of 5 seconds. But this is not working somehow. But when I click the standard refresh button, I do see the changes immediately.

The question is: why does auto-refresh not work? Is it ment for some other purpose?
Using 8.7 Professional 3025 on MySQL/Windows
crisg0112

Re: Auto refresh

Post by crisg0112 »

robleer wrote:Hi,

I have a form which contains some data. This form is always open and stays open on the screen.

I have set auto refresh on the form with an interval of 5 seconds. But this is not working somehow. But when I click the standard refresh button, I do see the changes immediately.

The question is: why does auto-refresh not work? Is it ment for some other purpose?

Try doing the refresh based on the OBJECT that was changed instead of auto-refresh.
Thanks in advance!

Cris
MSSQL 2008R2, Aware 7 b2146, IE11, , Firefox 35.0.1, Windows 8 Bootstrap theme
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

crisg0112 wrote:
robleer wrote:Hi,

Try doing the refresh based on the OBJECT that was changed instead of auto-refresh.
Cris, can you clarify what you're saying? Perhaps a screen shot.
mrbdrm

Post by mrbdrm »

in the auto refresh screen of the form, choose the BO that will refresh the form when it's saved. the option location is in top of "refresh form automatically every second" option.
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

mrbdrm wrote:in the auto refresh screen of the form, choose the BO that will refresh the form when it's saved. the option location is in top of "refresh form automatically every second" option.
Well, that's what I thought Cris was saying and I had tried it before (selecting the object and the timer) but the form would not show the new data that was saved by another user.
Of course, this was on development machine that I had opened up a second tab on browser and running the app. But the app in the first tab wouldn't recognize the new data. But if I press the refresh button, I would then see it.
tford

Post by tford »

I have set auto refresh on the form with an interval of 5 seconds. But this is not working somehow.
Autorefresh at 5 second interval definitely works. I just tested it with a simple BSV.

By the time I would flip look at the screen of a second user logged into the same BSV to look at the query, new instances added by the first user were already displayed on the screen.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
robleer

Post by robleer »

Hi Ben, others,

At my installation it does not work. Same behaviour as Ben described.

Bye,

Rob
tford

Post by tford »

I didn't originally see that Ben indicated he tried this running two sessions in different tabs of one browser:
Of course, this was on development machine that I had opened up a second tab on browser and running the app. But the app in the first tab wouldn't recognize the new data. But if I press the refresh button, I would then see it.
To accurately test this, put your sample BSV on a production server & access the BSV from two different computers.
Tom - V8.8 build 3137 - MySql / PostGres
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

tford wrote:
I didn't originally see that Ben indicated he tried this running two sessions in different tabs of one browser:
Yes Tom, that's how I could only test it and didn't work from multiple sessions.
Thanks!
robleer

Post by robleer »

Using two differten browsers is an option too.

If you use IE and Chrome, you do not need two computers...