►SURVEY◄ Who is using V6 Mobile in production?

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
BenHayat

►SURVEY◄ Who is using V6 Mobile in production?

Post by BenHayat »

Hi Guys;

Developing, testing and running an application on development machine is far from real life production experience. Before I put my neck on the line with the V6 Mobile, could you please share your experience if you have a Mobile app operating in production that was developed with V6 version?

a) Who is using V6 Mobile in real life production by users?
b) How is it's stability and reliability?
c) How satisfy are you with the end result?
d) If you had to do it again, would you choose the V6 version to launch a product?

Thanks!
crisg0112

Re: ►SURVEY◄ Who is using V6 Mobile in production?

Post by crisg0112 »

BenHayat wrote:Hi Guys;

Developing, testing and running an application on development machine is far from real life production experience. Before I put my neck on the line with the V6 Mobile, could you please share your experience if you have a Mobile app operating in production that was developed with V6 version?

d) If you had to do it again, would you choose the V6 version to launch a product?

Thanks!
Hi Ben,

a) we have.
b) It is stable as we barely get calls from the user (note that our mobile app is an enterprise-app and not a publicly used app).
c) So far the only limiting factor for me is display. I have zero-knowledge of CSS so I am just using a default bootstrap-list for display and then the standard form in aware to allow the users to edit it.
d) Yes
Thanks in advance!

Cris
MSSQL 2008R2, Aware 7 b2146, IE11, , Firefox 35.0.1, Windows 8 Bootstrap theme
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

crisg0112 wrote:
BenHayat wrote:Hi Guys;

Thanks!
Hi Ben,

a) we have.
b) It is stable as we barely get calls from the user (note that our mobile app is an enterprise-app and not a publicly used app).
c) So far the only limiting factor for me is display. I have zero-knowledge of CSS so I am just using a default bootstrap-list for display and then the standard form in aware to allow the users to edit it.
d) Yes
Thanks Cris;
So, we only have ONE developer using Aware's Mobile? :wink:
RocketRod

Post by RocketRod »

a) I have one customer using v5.9 which I will be upgrading soon to latest version.
b) I rarely get a call.
c) Not happy. Interface is poor, it's cumbersome, can't do times easily and can't upload multiple pictures.
d) In my new version I have developed a tablet version using standard AwareIM. This works beautifully, looks good and I'm very happy with it. Therefore I will be trying to convince my customer to move their staff to these rather than persist with the mobile phone. I am going to wait just one more release though from AwareIM to see if they do any major upgrade to the mobile version as the cost to my customer in hardware would be quite large. But I have now waited several years for a good workable product so this next release is the final line in the sand. It seems that few developers utilize this product hence I understand from a business point of view why AwareIM do not place this product high on their list. As the tablet now can use standard AwareIM I wonder why the phone still needs a separate product.?

Cheers Rod
BenHayat

Post by BenHayat »

RocketRod wrote:a) I have one customer using v5.9 which I will be upgrading soon to latest version.
b) I rarely get a call.
c) Not happy. Interface is poor, it's cumbersome, can't do times easily and can't upload multiple pictures.
d) In my new version I have developed a tablet version using standard AwareIM. This works beautifully, looks good and I'm very happy with it. Therefore I will be trying to convince my customer to move their staff to these rather than persist with the mobile phone. I am going to wait just one more release though from AwareIM to see if they do any major upgrade to the mobile version as the cost to my customer in hardware would be quite large. But I have now waited several years for a good workable product so this next release is the final line in the sand. It seems that few developers utilize this product hence I understand from a business point of view why AwareIM do not place this product high on their list. As the tablet now can use standard AwareIM I wonder why the phone still needs a separate product.?

Cheers Rod
Hi Rod;

Thanks for the reply. I posted this thread as a feedback and survey for Support to see what everyone's requirements are while they're working on the next major version,
So, anyone who has certain needs or would like to offer some feedback, please post your ideas and comments.

I hope the next Mobile will be much better and more complete (closer to it's big brother, desktop). :wink:
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

REALLY hoping V7 takes mobile all the way so we have the same functionality for Desktop/Tablet/Mobile.
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)