* Feature Request - Tags in Visual Perspective Tab Names

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
RentProperty

* Feature Request - Tags in Visual Perspective Tab Names

Post by RentProperty »

Hi Support,

This is something that we need more and more frequently... To be able to use Tags in a the Tab Names of Visual Perspectives. Especially when Using the Display Layout feature to show Dashboard of some sorts. Clients might
have several of these open and then they want to see Which Tab is Showing the Dashboard of Which Item for instance.

It would be great to Provide the ability to use tags in the name and then Specify a Default to fall Back on if it cannot resolve the tag.

I.e. then you can use <<Ticket.RefNumber>>, and specify the text "My Ticket" to fall back on if it cannot resolve the Ticket.RefNumber based on the context available.

Please consider this for the next build/release.
Hein Hanekom & Werner Hanekom
Sinov8.net
AwareIM Version 5.9 | 6.0 | 7.0 | 7.1 (Windows EC2 R2012 & MySQL)
BenHayat

Re: * Feature Request - Tags in Visual Perspective Tab Names

Post by BenHayat »

RentProperty wrote:Hi Support,

This is something that we need more and more frequently... To be able to use Tags in a the Tab Names of Visual Perspectives. Especially when Using the Display Layout feature to show Dashboard of some sorts. Clients might
have several of these open and then they want to see Which Tab is Showing the Dashboard of Which Item for instance.

It would be great to Provide the ability to use tags in the name and then Specify a Default to fall Back on if it cannot resolve the tag.

I.e. then you can use <<Ticket.RefNumber>>, and specify the text "My Ticket" to fall back on if it cannot resolve the Ticket.RefNumber based on the context available.

Please consider this for the next build/release.
As this FR has been requested by others before (which is needed), please also allow Tag in "Separator" as well.

Thanks!
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

1+
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
Jaymer

Post by Jaymer »

Did this ever get implemented?
If I'm on a list of Objects and I Edit one, I want the new tab to say "Order #12345" using this as the caption: Order #<<Order.OrdNum>>
Still not possible?
Click Here to see a collection of my tips & hacks on this forum. Or search for "JaymerTip" in the search bar at the top.

Jaymer
Aware Programming & Consulting - Tampa FL