FR: Hide Query until search

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
crisg0112

FR: Hide Query until search

Post by crisg0112 »

Hi,

It would be good if when using filters in query, not to show the list initially until the user enter somethings in the filter box.

I know that you could call up a form or even a non-persisted object BUT this basically restricts the result set before hand.

Also, is it possible for the filter control to be set as 'dropdown' instead of just a editable text control?
Thanks in advance!

Cris
MSSQL 2008R2, Aware 7 b2146, IE11, , Firefox 35.0.1, Windows 8 Bootstrap theme
hpl123

Re: FR: Hide Query until search

Post by hpl123 »

Cris,
This can be achieved using a custom solution like this one:
http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7423

You could either use an independent form as your custom search field and when the value is changed, the saved value is used as a filter for the query OR you could use a dropdown and then when the dropdown is changed, use the saved value as a filter for the query. Not the best solution but works and doing this together with various invisibility conditions enables you to create powerful custom solutions.

I know there are other examples in the forum of similar solutions as well.

PS: Support, having more options for query filters like the functionality Cris asks about would be valuable and save a lot of time i.e. we don´t have to create workarounds. Thanks
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)
crisg0112

Post by crisg0112 »

hpl123 wrote:Cris,
This can be achieved using a custom solution like this one:
http://www.awareim.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7423

You could either use an independent form as your custom search field and when the value is changed, the saved value is used as a filter for the query OR you could use a dropdown and then when the dropdown is changed, use the saved value as a filter for the query. Not the best solution but works and doing this together with various invisibility conditions enables you to create powerful custom solutions.

I know there are other examples in the forum of similar solutions as well.

PS: Support, having more options for query filters like the functionality Cris asks about would be valuable and save a lot of time i.e. we don´t have to create workarounds. Thanks
Hi Henrik,

Thanks for that. I did have a look at that sample bsv you created and it does work! But like you said, it is a workaround.

One of the products that was mentioned during the conference and we did evaluate it as well is 'ironspeed'. and it has this functionality which can be turned on/off depending on your requirements.

I'm sure support will listen to us :)
Thanks in advance!

Cris
MSSQL 2008R2, Aware 7 b2146, IE11, , Firefox 35.0.1, Windows 8 Bootstrap theme
hpl123

Post by hpl123 »

crisg0112 wrote:I'm sure support will listen to us :)
Hope so :)
Henrik (V8 Developer Ed. - Windows)