Multiple Photo Upload & Photo File System

If you have questions or if you want to share your opinion about Aware IM post your message on this forum
RentProperty

Multiple Photo Upload & Photo File System

Post by RentProperty »

Hi Guys/Support

It would be really handy to be able to have the same features available for a picture attribute as you do for Files. I.e. to be able to upload multiple. We have a photo object and clients ask us very often if it won't be possible to upload multiple photos at once. Currently this is only possible for Documents.

Secondly, Our photo Table in the DB is becoming very large and I think it will be a great value add/improvement if Photos can also be stored in a file system instead of in the database. I think performance wise it will also be faster as then the photo don't have to be encrypted and encrypted the whole time. :-)

Any suggestions welcome!

kind Regards

Hein
Hein Hanekom & Werner Hanekom
Sinov8.net
AwareIM Version 5.9 | 6.0 | 7.0 | 7.1 (Windows EC2 R2012 & MySQL)
BenHayat

Re: Multiple Photo Upload & Photo File System

Post by BenHayat »

I thought the multi upload was for both documents and Photos. I suggested Filestream several years ago when I was investigating into Aware for a client. Not having Filestream support was # 1 reason, client rejected Aware.
Gabbitas

Post by Gabbitas »

Hi,

It is currently possible to upload multiple photos at the same time. See the Photo Album sample (link below) and notice the 'Bulk Upload' button at the bottom of the main query shown. You will need to delve into the Photo Album sample inside your configuration tool to figure out how this works.

http://test.awareim.com/AwareIM/logonOp ... sword=john

Thanks
RentProperty

Post by RentProperty »

Thank You Gabbitas! Appreciate it!

I Never Realized that FileItem was a sort of "Global" variable that is available for use without creating a seperate object.
Works perfectly now.

Kind REgards

HEin
Hein Hanekom & Werner Hanekom
Sinov8.net
AwareIM Version 5.9 | 6.0 | 7.0 | 7.1 (Windows EC2 R2012 & MySQL)